1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just an unusual thought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DDD11, Jul 19, 2013.

1. DDD11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    B4 I start I jus wanna say I dont mean to offend anyone. I'm jus a little curious that's all.
    Right. U know all U lovely trans people. How do U go about with your name change.
    Because ive been told that U can't choose the name the name chooses you and once you find it you know that's the one for you. Becoz U dont have to narrow it down or anything it just fits. Well I know a fair amount of ftms, and I loiter on there blogs and stuff so that I understand what they're going through and so forth. But I have recently notice a LOT and I MEAN A LOT seem to have the name Aiden or Kaiden. Now obviously that fits some people but it can't be that, that name fits majority of ftms. Or is that the case? Imo in a lot of them are doing it because its a trend, then my heart goes to that poor little Aiden who is a cis-male becoz ppl will assume he's trans when's he's not. ...is it the same with mtfs? Coz I dont really know any of them!

D(!)

2. Naren

What in the name of god is this grammar.

What I think you're asking is how does a trans person pick a name?

3. LD579

I highly doubt that all FtM people choose the name Aiden or Kaiden. I highly doubt that more than 10% choose that name, too. It's likely just some sort of coincidence.

'Poor little Aiden who is a cis-male' isn't poor at all. Why would people assume such a thing over a name that's presumably been given by the parents?

I think you're extrapolating way too much.

I think the OP was also asking why many FtM people choose the name Aiden or Kaiden. Likely the OP's... basically wrong.

4. Hexagon

People don't assume guys are trans. Because people don't seem to be aware of the existence of trans guys. No precedent has been established. Trust me, there are loads of cis-men with the names you poked, and loads of trans men who don't have them. Myself included.

5. HeyAshley

i'm not sure exactly what you're asking because your grammar makes this a little difficult to understand. are you saying that transexuals usually have the name aiden and kaiden? that's literally the most untrue statement that i've ever heard. sounds like a coincidence if you're running into that.

6. justjade

I'm not sure how the name change thing works, but I've seen a transman in a documentary named Aiden. I think it was Sex Change: A Revealing Journey, or something like that. You can look it up on Youtube. But like others have said, no one every assumes a guy is trans because people don't know about them. And even so, they're not going to judge a trans guy based on his name. Hell, I knew a cis-guy in community college named Kelly. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Hexagon said. There's a lot of cis people with those names and lots of trans people who don't. I'm one of those people as well.