1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being insulted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Hexagon

How do you react when insulted?

Personally, I usually go out of my way to take it as a complement. If that isn't available, (this usually happens in sexuality-related insults), I imply they're gay. Either way, the hope is that the satisfaction of making them look stupid makes up for being insulted, leaving my mood either equal to what it was or better.

2. tryhtwfr

Give it back to them ten times worse by being brutally honest about their looks, what other people think and how they come across as. If not, I just start embarrassing them about rumours and whatnot. I hate being insulted..

3. MerBear

when i get insulted, I take it very personally...I try not to ....mind you this is face to face insulting, not over interweb (yes, i say that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I start to choke up and I feel like crying. Yes i know, im a big baby ..i try not to though

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

My blood boils, if it's someone close to me. Stranger or idiot online- I take it as a challenge and fight back. Consider it metaphorical dick measuring if you will.

5. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

It's a case by case thing, I think. You have to choose your response based on what you can figure about the person insulting you and the substance of the insult. A drunk slurring his words you just ignore, and someone who looks like they're looking for a fight you just back away slowly. But sometimes you can't just ignore it. If they don't look like they're going to kill you and they're sober/sane enough for you to really make an impression, I just go off.

I think best when I'm talking, so most of the time I don't know what I'm going to say until I'm in the middle of saying it, but nine times out of ten I can come up with something really good. Very satisfying in the end.

6. fluffyhandcuff

I make them regret it. Normally. Sounds brutal but don't worry.

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not exactly healthy...

I try to stay silent and hold it in until I'm alone where I can... do something about it

8. Hexagon

(*hug*)

I used to do that. Insulting them back is much better.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't suffer fools gladly :eusa_naug I don't get insulted easily, I can take a joke, as long as it is not at my expense, I don't mind laughing with people, just not being laughed at & I can be just as sarcastic as the next person, though I prefer to use my witty side, it's more subtle :badgrin:

10. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I look as unenthusiastic as possible. And with a straight face. "That's Nice."

11. Sarcastic Luck

I just tend to go "Aw..Isn't that cute?" Tends to piss 'em off.

12. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Because of your profile picture i read your comment in dr house voice.... And they fit really well :grin:

13. Sarcastic Luck

I have the same sort of sarcastic humor.

14. HeyAshley

honestly, nobody really insults me. i've received criticism from people over different things but for the most part it's usually constructive. sometimes i get defensive and i say something negative in return. but i've never just had someone flat-out insult me.

...........and it wouldn't end well for them if they did.

15. Sr Francium

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In real life I usually just say "thanks c:"
    On the internet, especially youtube..... well I like getting the last laugh... errr comment.

16. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I have major inferiority issues so being insulted intentionally and directly shuts me down pretty fast. I basically wind up looking like this:

[​IMG]

Again. There's a reason she's my avatar. :slight_smile:

17. justjade

I usually just ignore them. I know they're just doing it to get a rise out of me. I don't even give them the time of day.

18. Stripe101

I'm overly nice to people who insult me. It bothers them even more.

19. The last time I was openly insulted it was by another gay guy who had an inferiority complex over me because I wouldn't let him in my pants. Let me just say, I couldn't imagine anyone ever getting with him, he's so superficial and fake and insecure, it's such a turn-off. He would always try to put me down in some way or another in front of all my friends, and he would be really passive-aggressive about it. Everyone would notice the tension between us, and each time he did that I would start talking about the guys I hooked up with. That usually shut him up.

20. sugarcubeigloo

Honestly, someone insulting me is not my problem. I really can't help that some people just aren't nice or don't have tact. I tend to get annoyed for a hot second, then I forget about it. If my annoyance lingers, I may vent to someone else for a bit. I'm not a confrontational person at all, so holding grudges isn't really my thing.