1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get over being extremely ticklish?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jul 20, 2013.

1. AlamoCity

To be honest, I am EXTREMELY ticklish. I can't be touched on the bottoms of my feet, my neck, my ears, my underarms, my stomach (somewhat), and (perhaps, never done it, but) my nether regions etc. This has never been an issue because I've never been intimate with someone else, but I wonder if this will be an issue once I start dating and decide to be intimate with another guy. Has anyone ever been very ticklish and found that it interfered with their intimacy? For instance, I can't imagine someone licking my ears and neck. I'd be laughing so hard.

I know that being very ticklish is somewhat psychological, and, to be honest, I might have some sort of stress-related disorder or issue that might contribute to that (for whatever reason, I will sometimes drop to the floor if I hear a loud bang or noise, for instance. It's funny if you see it, but not so much to me). But, that's another issue, altogether :grin:.

Anyways, I'd love to get over being extremely ticklish because I don't want it to one day interfere with a normal relationship and, I guess it's better to start working on that now.Has anyone gotten over being overly ticklish? Any tips?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think you do, do you :slight_smile:

3. AlamoCity

Thanks, that really helped :roflmao:

4. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Well, if you're really dedicated, you might try desensitizing yourself. Just get tickled until it stops being so bad.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :roflmao:

6. Hudson

I never got over being overly ticklish. My prime spots are chest, stomach, and upper legs.

I can suppress the tickles... but there are still times I'll be with a partner, and start laughing my ass off because they hit a super sensitive area. I've tried biting my tongue, clenching my fists, etc... but alas, nothing has worked.

Luckily, it has never ruined a sexual moment, because I give warning ahead of time, so when it does happy, it usually starts a giggle fit between me and my partner. XD

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TIcklishness is unconscious nervousness about being touched, plain and simple. Massage therapists are taught in school that when they have an extremely ticklish client, they simply put the client's hand over the therapists hand and... magically, the ticklishness goes away.

So as you become more comfortable with yourself, your body, and being in intimate situations, you'll become a lot less ticklish. No need to do any elaborate desensitization. Of course, if someone is *intentionally* trying to tickle you, they'll be able to succeed, but if it is normal contact, then the ticklishness will be extinguished as your unconscious becomes more confident and comfortable.

8. Moodlighter

Moodlighter Guest

Don't get over it. Let it be. Tickling is often an erotic, fun, sensual thing.

9. AlamoCity

Thanks for being honest. Sounds like you have fun :grin:.

I noticed this too. If I put my hand over say someone's hand, the ticklish sensation goes away, perhaps because my hand knows where the other hand is going so I'm not that nervous. Very good tip, thanks.

Hahaha, don't really see tickling as erotic, but hey, that's only my opinion :slight_smile:.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love being tickled, and having tickle fights! I agree it can be very playful and erotic. Really gets the hear going,and the adrenaline racing. I love to wrestle/tickle/play as a kind of build up to other stuff :slight_smile:

11. srslywtf

I used to be ridiculously ticklish... To the point where i was scared of being tickled :lol:

I started tickling myself till i was used to it. or maybe you just grow out of it? i dunno

12. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a little ticklish on my stomach and side. I always wondered why I can't tickle myself but if someone else does it has a effect. Just remember one thing if you tell someone you are ticklish be prepared to be tickled lol. I always find if I tell someone I am they end up tickling :roflmao:

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe, in time, certain areas will become less sensitive. To this day, I am ticklish around my waist, and only there, but in no other areas, which I guess is a good thing. If you have too many body parts that are ticklish, then it's something you can work on.

14. HeyAshley

my neck is really ticklish but when it's touched in an intimate way, it's just a good feeling. it might be different in the heat of the moment. i mean, it is for me.

15. CuriousBunny

I'm extremely ticklish too, but I think that it could make bedroom experiences more enjoyable, not ruin the moment.

16. Jason301

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alamo City, I just posted almost the same question! In my case, I do have a boyfriend and while we haven't had full on sex yet, we've kissed, rubbed, trotted and messed around some. I am also EXTREMELY ticklish and having my neck kissed, my waist or sides touched, thighs squeezed or rubbed drives me right up the wall! It's a pain in the ass, really! I've read some of the other responses and the putting his hand over yours and letting your own hand do the touching sounds like a good idea!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I'm in the same boat...

17. sandshoes

My way of getting over it (works most of the time) was to try to relax and think about something relaxing (or try not to feel anything) while being thickled. It takes time, but the more you do it the more you can relax every time.

Hard to explain what I mean... But I guess you just have to let yourself get tickled and try learning to suppress it :slight_smile:

Good luck!