1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approaching someone in a bar/club?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by samelove, Jul 20, 2013.

1. samelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you tend to approach someone of the same sex who you find attractive in a bar/club/some other event when you don't know if they are gay/bi? Do you just use small talk to start a conversation with them or find something about them you can compliment (what they're wearing or something like that)? What is usually your approach in this situation?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After a couple of drinks I find the courage to sit close by & just start some small talk, "does it usually get packed in here" "Do you come here often" etc but this is in a Gay Bar Only Lol

3. Harve

The only times I've pulled is when I've been too drunk to remember or when I didn't make the first move. Oops.

I end up speaking to randomers but I'm just being friendly - I need to keep reminding myself that some will often think I've got an ulterior motive if it's in a bar rather than a festival or whatever. Oops once again!

4. RainbowMan

Just be yourself and be friendly. It helps that I'm not "flaming gay" and can therefore come across as "just a friendly guy" pretty easily. If something happens, it happens, but 99% of the time it won't unless of course you're in a gay bar, then I need some advice :grin: