1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partied and regret it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So I had a party at my house like I used to have had a DJ catering all the shebang. Anyways I smoked so much I got so drunk I can not belive I did this WHY! I feel so stupid ugh I keep thinking I have cancer cause I smoked :frowning2: I always feel guilty

2. Ticklish Fish

You're not going to get cancer because you simply smoked. It's more of a chronic smoking thing that might attributes to that, since your body usually tries to repair stuff.

3. LD579

Well, now you know and presumably won't do it again? Let that regret serve some sort of purpose, maybe?

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is why I never party and never go to them. Too much stuff happens that can harm your health. (And most parties here involve illegal substances[hardcore] and underage drinking). I'm proud to say alcohol has never touched this body.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You were crossfaded! I remember my first time; they had to drag me out the front door, literally. Being a super lightweight didn't help either, and like you, I had my regrets and don't plan on doing so ever again.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, a few things here:

1. You mean you got high when you smoked, right?
    2. Assuming number 1 is correct, was it weed that you were smoking?
    3. As Ticklish Fish has said, you won't get cancer just because you smoked ONCE. Lung cancer comes to those who have been smoking packs upon packs a day (Yes, there are people who smoke that much).
    4. If it was weed, your chances of death are actually much slimmer than if you smoked tobacco.

7. Alexander69

No it was cigs I don't smoke pot

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay. Still, you're not going to get cancer just from one cigarette.

Also, you might not have known this, but light smokers or new smokers get more of a buzz after the first puff, mimicking a high from weed, than people who have smoked more often. That's actually one of the reasons why people smoke so much. To get that back, even when it's long gone.

But trust me, much as I like to get high, I've felt shitty myself from smoking a cigarette every once in a while. Feels much dirtier than smoking weed.

9. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Dude, don't sweat it. You'll be fine. I definitely wouldn't worry about a few cigarettes, just make sure that you don't start doing it regularly. I don't smoke cigs because I swim competitively, but one time I smoked about half a pack when I was drunk, and it didn't faze me at all. But, definitely quit smoking, because I know a few people who are addicted to smoking cigarettes, and it doesen't look like too much fun, so that kind of scared me straight. If I were you, if you are worried about doing stupid stuff at parties, just don't go to them.

10. photoguy93

What's the problem? Are you meaning that you had a party like you used to and that's bad? I know you want to be "normal" and I guess you tried to be that and you fell back and had some extravagant party that made the queen jealous? If that's the case...why did you do it? Honestly, it's puzzling...

And you probably won't die from smoking one time, unless someone put some deadly bug in it.... (Joking, here.)

You'll be fine

11. Mrcake

Your going to say , "I'll never drink, smoke, party again..." but in reality that never happens, lol. You may abstain a bit from doing those things, but as long as you don't overdo it, you will be fine. Just remember that it's okay to party and stuff as long as you don't make a habit out of it, and it doesn't negatively affect your life.

12. Alexander69

I could never say I won't party again partying is a part of my life but smoking I'm not going to fear will hold me back

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In other words, you won't be smoking and drinking at the next party. :slight_smile:

As the other have said, don't sweat it Alexander. Just draw your lessons from this one. I'd agree with you that the feeling of guilt will probably help you to abstain from smoking (and drinking) the next time around.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, at least you've learnt a lesson. And I wouldn't smoke ever again if I were you, and drink in moderation.