1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Long distance relationships feel like ur talking to ur loved one or a computer ppl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I meant to say person but no room ,I want ur opinion bc after my ldr went down I felt that my ex wasn't real . But he didn't think the same way about me . So opinions ,point of view anything that will help to change my opinion on ldr.

2. LD579

Re: Do Long distance relationships feel like ur talking to ur loved one or a computer

Well, did you voice chat or video chat? It shouldn't ever feel like you're just talking to a computer, because the other person's personality should shine through... That's just how I feel and see things.

3. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Re: Do Long distance relationships feel like ur talking to ur loved one or a computer

Yes we have but he gets angry everytime I say his his love isn't real just an obsession or infatuation . We txt tho

4. IrishEyes1989

I just got out of a LDR of nearly two years and throughout that time, I felt both ways at different times. Sometimes I didn't feel as connected to my girlfriend because we could only communicate through Skype or texting. We went long periods without seeing each other (up to a year at one point, because we lived in different countries) and technology was no substitute for the real deal. But it was the best we had, so we made do.

There were other times though where we couldn't wait to Skype because we had been texting or Facebook messaging all week and the weekend had finally arrived (hence we could spend our usual 5-7 hours video chatting, without worrying about having to get up early the next morning). Those were the high times in our relationship.

My advice to anyone reading this who is considering a long distance relationship or has wondered what it's like...DON'T DO IT. Just don't. Save yourself the pain and the constant yearning for physical closeness to the person you love. It's soul destroying and it wastes precious years of your life. I learned that lesson the hard way.

5. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Long time no see how are u ?

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My relationship is long distance and my boyfriend and I Skype every day. If we can't do that, we IM each other, text or call. A day doesn't go by where we don't talk to each other. We've only been together for a month, but we learn more about each other and make the other person stronger every day. As far as the "Don't do it" goes, you never know until you try it. Just like with any relationship, it takes a lot of commitment and communication to make it work. If both parties pull their weight, it can work.

We plan on trying to see each other once before the year ends and what happens after that is up to fate.

7. lostcase

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Hi I'm new to this site nit sure what to write as I am very confused with my life help

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2013 at 04:27 PM ----------

Hi
    it gets difficult to keep in touch and costly. I was in a long term relation. And a lot of cheating can happen.

8. Gallatin

This thread is from several months ago. If you need help with something, please make a new thread about it in the support forums. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.