1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate my name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I won't put my name on here except for my first name, so I'll just tell you about it.
    My first name is awful. It sounds so idiotic. I always get jokes about it. I'll tell you it later.
    My last name is worse. It makes me sound like an asshole without people even knowing me. (My best friend has told me that, I'm not just making myself think that.)
    My first and last names combined are even worse, because my parents used them to make a "joke," sort of like if you were Fred Green and named your daughter Olive or your last name was Peacock and you named your son Drew. Luckily, it's not inappropriate like that, but it's still pretty bad. Oh, and it sounds very similar to the name of a famous dictator. So there's that.
    I only like my middle name. But unfortunately, I can't use it as my first name, because it's a regular first name with an "s" added to the end. If only it didn't have the s on the end, oh well. It's like if you have the name "Fred" but add an s to the end to get "Freds," which is a name you couldn't go by.

I know this is kind of ridiculous, but it's lowering my self-esteem. I hate it so much.
    But I don't want to change it, because it's a huge hassle, and because I'll come off as insecure.
    I guess when I eventually get married, I'll take my husband's last name, but that's so far away, and not even a certainty given today's right-wingers, and wouldn't do anything about my first name.

Now, I'm going to tell you my first name. It's Chris. Which might not sound bad at all. But when combined with my last name, it's awful. Additionally, this might just be me, but I hate the sound. I can go through a list of popular baby names and find that 90% of them sound way better to me. I also hate the religious reference, and I just want to get rid of it! But I feel like I can't.

What can I do?

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM ----------

And please don't tell me "it's a beautiful name" or anything. I personally really dislike it, and nothing you say will change that.

One more thing I forgot to mention: it's really long, which is actually a huge problem on SATs and stuff. I don't want to be cursed by forms the rest of my life.

#1 Krilky, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was thinking for a minute that your surname would be something like Cross, which would make your name something like Chris Cross, but then you said at the end, that you surname was a long name & that threw me :confused:

I was going to suggest turning your Surname into a Double Barrel name by adding your Moms Maiden name, this is something people do, but if you are saying size is a issue, then that won't work :eusa_doh:

I have never heard of a middle name that can't be used as a first name? I mean James ends in S but that can be used :slight_smile:

What does your Middle name begin with?

because if it began with a J then you can be known as CJ :slight_smile:

3. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will tell you my name it is Orland bet your name not as strange as that. Also used know someone called Ben Dover (seriously) who hated his name and changed it to his mothers surname Driver. So could you do something like that if it making you feel so bad? Change surname to mother or fathers one? that only if they not married or something. End of the day bet your surname is not as bad as you think :slight_smile:

4. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is pretty awkward to not be able to say my name…oh well, it's probably just me being an idiot.