1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Jul 21, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

I did my routine last night with shaving my face and unmentionables. But I got creative and decided to shave my stomach and chest hair. Anyone else do this? Right now it's coming back to haunt me in the form of an itchy nightmare from hell. But I know that if I do it long enough the itching stops.

My question to you: Do you/How often do you shave? and What do you refuse to shave?

I for one, refuse to shave my legs or arms.

(This question is more pointed to men obviously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I shave everything. Legs, arms, face, down there, chest, stomach, everything. It ttakes FOREVER but it's so worth it. Body hair is gross.

3. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well that's your opinion,I dont mind it at all,and so do many other people.
    Its about you not other people.Dont shave because you think other people will like it if you do not have a problem with body hair.

4. leer

I have a wet & dry body shaver grate for the chest and legs it does grow back quick at first and itchy too. personal areas its better to trim .

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'd shave everything if I weren't lazy~ maybe if I meet a guy worth looking nice for someday

6. Hexagon

I shave my face every other day, and occasionally my junk. I haven't tried shaving my chest/stomach, but I may do so. Since its been so hot this summer, I've been trimming under my arms cause I was just so damn hot.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only really bother with my face anymore, occasionally below the belt and that's it.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As of now:

I shave my arms, legs, and face. My chest doesn't really need shaving, and the happy trail maybe a month or 2. The rest of that is pretty much biweekly.

What I WANT to do:

Shave goddamn everything that has excess or darkened body hair. Hexagon, I just took your armpit idea into account on this.

Things are like this because I use a girl's razor (because it's WAY more effective) and I share the bathroom with my sister. I don't want her thinking I'm stealing her razor, especially when I found my last one damaged to no return on the shower floor. But now since I'm moving soon (and soon after my vacation), the least of my worries will be a potential roommate going "Are you using a GIRL's razor??" which will probably end with me going "Yes" and him shrugging his shoulders and going "aaAAAaalriiight" and putting it back.

9. srslywtf

^ Thats interesting, I always presumed mens razors were more effective just because of the history of human hair removal. I guess I'll have to try. :lol:

As for hair removal.. I trim everything on my body. I shave my face every day if Im going out.
    It's not that I dont think facial hair/other hair can look good, in a fashion/appearance sense, its just something I'm not into in terms of sexual attraction.

I'm pretty much going to remove everything except my pubes (and maybe that too depending..) I'm just not sure if shaving is the best approach. I'll probably get bored and do it one day soon regardless.. Just the difference between freshly trimmed and not looks so sexy IMO, I cant wait to go hairless.

10. EarthBound

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I shave my face and the certain delicate areas. I trim the pubs and the armpit hair. I don't have a set calendar date for when I shave/trim. Usually when I think it has grown back to much I whip out the razor and trimmer. When I was cycling more often (spandex and all), I would shave my legs. Those are really the only things I shave; I don't have enough hair over the rest of my body to warrant shaving.

I also use a womens razor srslywtf when I shave shave certain areas. For some reason I believe that they're designed better for sensitive areas compared to mens razors. I might just be telling myself those words though.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Shaving facial hair is soooooo annoying. I don't really even get like real facial hair, it's just ugly peach fuzz that grows in certain patches with empty spaces in between it, so it looks really terrible unless I keep myself completely clean-shaven all the time.

I trim the hair around my nether regions (front and back), but am hesitant to completely shave it for the prepubescent look.

Other than that, I've never really thought about shaving other regions of my body. The hair on my arms is thin and light and barely visible so there's not really a reason to shave it. My legs are a bit more hairy, but I tend to like the look of body hair on legs (as long as it's not like all bushy and gross), so it doesn't bother me.

I have one little patch of hair on my chest and that's it, it's mostly smooth, so I haven't shaved there either. (Partially out of irrational fear that if I shave that patch, it will trigger a lot more hair to grow in and take over my whole chest :eek:slight_smile:

Yeah that's pretty much it as for where I have body hair. But shaving is so tedious, I wish there was just a spray that caused the hair to fall out without pain or irritation. (I've heard bad things about Nair)

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lucky. :dry:

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lol, why am I lucky? :redface:

14. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I shave it all, but in a potential partner, I wouldn't care too much.

15. Ridiculous

I shaved my stomach a week or so ago, and even though I just have vellus hair there and not proper visible hair, I think it did look better being bare skin. It must've been scattering the light because it looked smoother afterwards.

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wasn't this a thread sometime ago or something? But regardless, I only shave my face. I only shaved my groin once (never again). I shaved my stomach once. Never again, because it looks odd afterwards cause some of the tan comes off.

17. Gen

Gen

I used to think this until earlier this year, because that seems to be the idea everyone has. I threw caution to the wind and found out that they seem to actually be an extremely easy and comfortable experience. This is coming from the person whose skin gets irritated from basically everything. I've noticed that there usually tend to be two types of people who tell these horror stories about them. The ones that don't read the instructions, and the ones who are looking for laughs.

The only thing I would recommend is to start off with one that is specifically categorized as sensitive(Those are usually categorized as for women, but in reality they are all the same formula, they just think men will feel emasculated buying pink and purple bottles). Then slowly working your way up until you find a strength that gives you the best results.

You can even be a rebel and use it on the unmentionables as long as you make sure it doesn't get into any orifice, which really isn't as hard as it seems.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At some point, probably when I want to have casual sex with a dude, I'll go ahead and do that. But probably not at any other time.

19. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Hmm, thanks for the tips, perhaps I'll give it a second thought, I keep feeling tempted to try Nair but I keep fearing it's going to leave like red dots or damage the skin or something. I mean it has to like destroy the hair follicle to get it to fall out, I'd imagine.

Do you use it all over your body and regularly?

From their website, it looks like they have a whole line of different products (lotions but no spray?) for women, but just one "Hair Removal Spray" for men. Which do you use/recommend?

20. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because you've got a face with little hair on it, and any that grows is hard to see. While I have to deal with shaving a face that makes all the difference if you do.

I used to want facial hair, I really did. I thought it was a sign of maturity. But nope. I found it's just hair on your face that's annoying to deal with. While I don't have to shave EVERY day, it's still annoying when I go into the shower and find my chin and upper lip have enough hair to see with the naked eye.

As for body hair though, I wasn't too put off by it until one fall where I was experimenting things with my gender with another online friend who told me to shave everything except pubes. It was a weird thing, as I thought I'd hate doing it, but during and afterwards, it actually felt right.