1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing homework takes me too long

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zumbo, May 6, 2008.

1. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Writing a short 3-paragraph essay usually takes me about one hour. Finding an equation of just a single conic section would take me more than 20 minutes. Researching about the complete biography of somebody on the internet would take me about 30 minutes. :eusa_doh:

I feel like I'm spending a lot of unnecessary time on tasks which shouldn't take that long to finish. Maybe I'm just too idealistic or distracted.

2. :roflmao: Sounds like someone needs to work on using their time more efficiently, I was the worse at that. I'm dreading having homework again next year. But I have a tendency to procrastinate a lot, right now I've been eating my tea, dinner/supper whatever y'all call it! Tis tea for me, anywho it takes me like an hour to eat my meals because my heads always up in the clouds lol.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know whether you do or not, but try to minimise distractions. Close your MSN and email etc, don't have other websites like EC open, turn off the TV, don't have food and drinks there etc. Then you can concentrate on what you are supposed to be doing.

Try to work for 50 minutes, then have a 10 minute break away from your desk (get a drink, go to the toilet etc). Working for a long period without a break is not good for concentration.

Maybe you do all that already of course......

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you let things distract you then they will do. We never want to do boring homework, but it's needed for success and it's not going to get any easier. :grin: It's uber important you have a quiet, relaxed atmosphere and that 100% of your concentration is on your work. Don't worry about the time it takes you just as long as you are learnining it.

Remember that taking a break every so often is uber important. After a while your attention span will vanish and you'll just be wasting your time if you do too much at once. :slight_smile: