1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay monarch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Islander, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Islander

After all this talk about the royal baby, I can't help wondering what would happen if he were to publicly come out as gay. The laws have already been changed to allow the first born girl to take the throne, and for royals to marry Catholics. What do you think the chances are that the new prince would be allowed to marry a man, should he be gay?

Plus, how awesome would it be to have a happily out gay or trans King :slight_smile:

2. Hexagon

I recognise no monarch. So this would be nothing more than a rich gay guy.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Psssst I will let you into a secret, the rumor is that Prince Charles is actually Gay & that Camilla is his beard :slight_smile:

4. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I think somehow if the royal family found out that he was gay they might keep it to themselves due to all the publicity

5. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol. There's only enough room for one Queen in the country.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They have done that before, when those two Guys were blackmailing one of the royals, the 2 Men were arrested & charged, they went to prison & the Royals Name was kept out of the British Newspapers :slight_smile:

7. gavguy

gavguy Guest

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

8. Islander

This is the thing - if Charles is gay then he has been made to cover it up. But do you think that in this day and age (Charles and camilla happened a while ago) that there could be an openly gay monarch, now that gay marriage is soon to be legal?

Like gavguy said, it may still be hushed up, but what if, say, a rebellious gay teenager decided to make a public announcement himself, so no one could stop him? (unlikely, j know, but something I would definitely consider if I was in that position :slight_smile: )

9. Beware Of You

Prince Andrew is probably gay. They have never admitted it but its obvious.

As far as I am concerned i don't care at all about the royal personal lives , I want to see the back of them

10. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Prince Edward was the only one the Newspapers hinted at being Gay :slight_smile:

11. Idek1204

I've been thinking about this too and would personally love it if he was gay. I feel like the family could try to hide it but why should he have different rights? Everyone's been saying how he's just an ordinary child (and pretty much everyone are irritated at the media coverage of his birth), and while he will have a lot of good things in his life from what he's born into - that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to marry who he wants to.

I'm not bothered about the royals really. I think they should be given peace, particularly at this point.

12. LinkLarkin

I think there's a bit of a generational shift in Monarchists. In my experience, older people are much more likely than younger people to care about the royal family (more than just a passing interest anyway, although I proudly state that I have no interest whatsoever). I think it goes without saying as well that old people are likely to feel, and possibly express, homophobia than the younger generation, purely because LGBT culture isn't something that they've been exposed to throughout their lifetimes. So I think that a gay royal would be extremely damaging to the reputation of the monarchy. Which I would find hilarious, but it would upset a lot of people.

I also think that the rest of his family would either disown him or, as others have said, force him to live a lie in order to keep up appearances.

I suppose a gay monarch would do a lot for our cause, but I would never respect him as an idol.

13. Islander

Surely if they disowned him then it would be near impossible for them to avoid explaining the reason for their decision, and there would be a huge outcry. If they did manage to keep the reason for disowning him a secret, then there would still be loads of mystery surrounding it. Either way, disowning him would result in terrible publicity. I suppose they'd have no choice but to let him be gay.

14. Wells

Wells Guest

King 43: Mum, dad, i'm gay
    Will: Shut up, I'll find a girlfriend for you
    Kate::eek:

15. Lewis

I am highly patriotic and if a previous thread that was made today wasn't closed, I would have seriously got into some debate. I think that it's very disrespectful to refer to someone who had no choice in their position and has worked their 87 year old ass off for this country a 'parasite'.

Gay or not, the monarchy is important to our countries heritage and I have no respect at all for the attitude of neighboring countries that are supposed to be apart of that. It's so distasteful and we need to realise how much revenue the royal family brings to the United Kingdom and have some kind of loyalty to our traditions.

People that do not live in the UK need to show some respect for something that is important to the Great Britain and other commonwealth realms, and also respect the fact that this family had no choice in regards to the roles that they were born into. I may also add that they work very hard and have huge responsibilities.

May I also add that I'm very drunk and I cannot put together a coherent post. :wink:

#15 Lewis, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  16. Hexagon

I'm disrespectful to all undeserved authority and power. I consider that to be my moral duty.

I don't give a single fuck about 'revenue'. They could make money by charging for public executions, it doesn't mean its ethical. As for the concept of tradition, who the fuck cares? You know how much bad shit is traditional? Like... 90% of all tradition is bad. Tradition is a terrible reason to keep on doing something.

So don't tell me to respect something I hate. That pretty much defeats the point of hating it, doesn't it?

#16 Hexagon, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  17. photoguy93

Couldn't you argue this for like, anyone? Couldn't you say the Prime Minister or President has undeserved power? Also,come on. The Queen currently has as much power as a tiny wind turbine.

Look. I'm from the USA...BUT THIS IS THE MOST REFRESHING THING EVER! I live for a day when we can all get along and celebrate something. Holy fuck....if this happened in the US, I think shit would have hit the fan so hard...

I think that it's very disrespectful to completely ignore history and such a monarchy. It's typical of some young people...."we must revolt, we must go be different!"

Do you wonder why I absolutely love this stuff? Because it's so fun and the least dramatic thing. I don't have to really worry about the same kind of stuff that's said about politics here

18. Dani3l

Kings and Queens aren't chosen by the people.

19. Jared

No but at this point in time, they are figureheads with no real power so honestly who gives fuck?

20. LinkLarkin

I don't object to a figurehead who continues to contribute more to society than recording a ten minute speech every Christmas. If they're not going to rule the country like the Tudors did then they are absolutely undeserving of the amount of wealth and comfort bestowed upon them. The Prime Minister who actually does the work that the monarchy were created to do lives in an ordinary house - very comfortable I'm sure, but still nothing that could be described as a palace. What have the current monarchy done apart from been born that gives them the right to the social status they continue to enjoy?