1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Parades!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 1Jake2, Jul 22, 2013.

1. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have any of you been to a Pride Parade? How was it? I want to go one later in life because you get to be with people like you! But being in a small town, our parade (if there were enough of us) would last around 20 minutes.

:thewave: <--- are they somewhat like this?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I went to two Pride Parades last month (A local borough one and a big NYC one), and I thought they were fun, although I wish I had someone to go with next time.

3. biggayguy

In my town it's the one time when all the various glbt groups get together and have fun. Pride day/week reminds me of a giant block party. It's fun by yourself but much better with someone you know. There is so much variety that it's hard to take it all in. You do need to watch your back some because of protest hate groups. Mostly the police here have been good to protect people at Pride.

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Eh, I guess that depends where you are. There wasn't much of a "protest hate" presence at the pride parades I went to as far as I could see; I didn't see a single protestor. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

5. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! I guess you do need to watch where you are. I'll definitely be going to one the first chance I get! With a friend. (Or a boyfriend depending on how nice the universe is to me)

6. Littlemonkey

I go to the Pride Parade in Amsterdam with a friend every year. I love it, whatever your prefference or a even if you're a freedom supporter, doesn't matter everyone is welcome and I really like that. :slight_smile:

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to go to the Mid-Mo Pridefest coming up in August, but I almost bet my parents wouldn't want me to go, knowing my dad thinks my mom is "pushing" me to be gay.

8. leer

went to the manchester parade last year & this year also grate expedience .

9. biggayguy

One year there was a group of KKK members right across the street from our area. The police formed a buffer zone in the middle. This is rural Ohio so it isn't so surprising. Mostly I felt safe. It was just going to and from the event alone that made me nervous.

10. Wells

Wells Guest

I'm going to one for the first time this summer. Not because i'm gay, but because my close family are quite liberal and open-minded :slight_smile:

11. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to Pride this year with a friend for the first time and had a lot of fun. There were only three protestors but no one payed much attention to them. The parade was cool, and I bought some rainbow merch :slight_smile:

12. leer

glad you are going and showing your support :slight_smile:

13. MichaelB

I went to the one at Brighton last year, and going again this year.

For some reason I'm more nervous this year than I was last year; suppose because it's just me and one of my best friends (who happens to be a lesbian). Last year I wasn't out, and me and a huge group of friends just went to show support/treated it like a festival. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I went to a parade last year, but have gone to PrideFest in a couple different cities - for a total of 5 times over the last few years :slight_smile: so yeah I enjoy going to those events.

had kinda planned to go to a different PrideFest last weekend (July 20) but things just didn't work out :frowning2: There's one I'd like to go to again in September though