1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What IS the longest time you walked along a beach?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KiddlesP, Jul 23, 2013.

1. KiddlesP

I live in a fairly anti-water place in the world, so beach(s) are scarse at best. However I am fascinated with the ocean waves, tides, and shoreline, so I wish I could be around them more.

How long have you continuously been walking, or walking with breaks, while continuously on a beach?

2. Hexagon

Three or four minutes? I don't really like beaches. Too much sun. And they smell weird. I used to live in a coastal area of spain, so I have lots of experience.

3. Fiddledeedee

We vacationed in Northern Ireland a couple summers ago, in a house right on the seafront. Since I was without internet access for the week, I spent a lot of time there -- several stretches per day, from ten minutes to an hour or so. It was a lovely beach with a sandy border but lots of really interesting rock formations which I could go on no matter what the tide, and feeling the power of the waves is something I love.

4. KingdomKeyDK

About an hour. We reached the rocks, climbed them a bit, then went back down to our spot.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last time I went to Hilton Head, a group and I went crab hunting on the beach for about 30 minutes to an hour. I love the beach, I don't live near a beach so I don't get to go often.

6. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't been to a beach in like forever, so I don't really remember xD

7. leer

few miles when I was in blackpool earlier this year .

8. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About an hour. it was a long beach.

9. Rolando4

I was at the "beach" yesterday for like an hour, it was great! But you may not count it since it was Lake Michigan, but to people from Chicago it's a beach :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

10. KiddlesP

Hm, haven't seen any really long ones yet; bit surprised to be honest... perhaps my perceptions of what people have done when living by a large body of water might be more skewed then I first imagined.

11. Gallatin

Despite living in Florida, I don't really like the beach (or, at least, I don't like spending a day there, just lying in the sun). I would much rather live somewhere where there were mountains or something. But, living in Florida, I have been to the beach many times, whether I liked it or not. Probably the longest walk I've done was about four or five miles.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Telepathy at work. My longest beach walk was about 4 miles or so, and in Florida. With swim trunks on, to minimize feeling the heat, and walking along the tide, it wasn't that bad. I'll take the beach over the mountains, though. Beach communities and mountain communities have different vibes, though mountain communities are beautiful to visit.

13. Rivers

I like walking on the shoreline in the evening when it's not so hot. My longest beach walk was two hours or so.

14. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

About a year ago, I took a trip with some friends down to Destin, and we hit up the beach for like 4 or 5 hours. After we skimboarded for a while, my friend said that there was a huge dock that took about 15 mins to walk to. We ended up walking for about an hour and a half, and once we got there, they tried to charge us money to go on it, so we walked back. It was still fun, becuase we saw a sick place to chill under the dock, so it was cool.

15. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About 5 hours. I live near the beach and I used to go all the time. Believe it or not, a person can actually get tired of the beach after a while. Then again, maybe I just take advantage of it because I've been going there pretty much every other week for almost my whole life. I actually have family in arkansas who have never even seen the beach so yeah, lol.