1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The World's Worst Place To be Gay" - Warning Depressing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Ran into this documentary by Scott Mills a gay UK radio DJ, he travels to Uganda one of the worst places in the world to be gay, its kinda heartbreaking what has been done to some of them

[YOUTUBE]fV0tS6G8NNU[/YOUTUBE]

2. evora

I saw this a while ago. What upset me the most was how gleeful they looked while talking about wanting to kill gay people.:confused:

#2 evora, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. Beware Of You

That MP looks narcissistic to me

4. Amerigo

these are the gays that go unnoticed

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes me wonder if other parts of the world will change.

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Africa is so screwed up because of European colonialism and the hateful religions they brought with them, and this sad pattern continues with what is going on in Uganda. American Evangelical Christians are responsible for fomenting the homophobia in Uganda that led to the 'kill the gays' bill, supported by Evangelical pastors.

Abrahamic religion really is a scourge upon humanity.

7. animequeen567

That's not fair! Get those nice people to a safe and clean place! Reasons why I hate the human race, Uganda and other places it's illegal to be homosexual! I can't even comprehend how hard it must be to live anywhere like that! :frowning2:

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Taking a page out of Dawkins' book, I partially disagree. It isn't itself a scourge on humanity, because at its core it preaches love and judgment only by God, not by people. It DOES, however, readily enable people to corrupt that message and turn it into "persecute and kill people whom we interpret to violate it."

So it's not really the "big three" that are bad; it's just that people are enormous dicks.

9. I agree. Religion is just another thing that people abuse, like money, power etc.

10. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I watched it before,each 30 seconds I was like,scott why can't you marry me.

11. Most African countries have a strong Catholic and Islam influence. The bible doesn't directly say homosexuals should be killed, but the Koran clearly and directly says that homosexuality is a sin and homosexuals should be killed.

12. miaclaire

Out Status:
    Some people
  13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I disagree. People can interpret and make religion into anything they want to. Hence there are some progressive Christian denominations that will gloss over all the death and destruction and hate in the Bible and only focus on the love part.

But the fact is, the Abrahamic god invented the idea that gay people are an abomination that should be put to death. All Uganda is doing is following the laws of God right out of the Holy Bible:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. --Leviticus 20:13

That's why so many of these devout Christian Ugandans believe they are doing the will of God in executing gay people.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard that this is not so much related to homo=evil as it is that consummating a marriage with a woman back in biblical times was claiming ownership over her. Doing it with a man would be an abomination because men are supposed to be equal.

I can't attest to the truthfulness of this, but it makes sense to me. It's like saying gainful employment under a boss is an abomination because it's vaguely comparable to slavery.

15. biggayguy

That is sounding very close to Nazism. Do you really want to make such an absolute statement?

#15 biggayguy, Jul 23, 2013
  16. Beware Of You

I think he has a boyfriend lol

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2013 at 06:55 AM ----------

Not exactly, they are following one part of of context. These laws demonstrate that they do not understand it properly.

Leviticus was meant for the Levites so is irrelevant to anyone who isnt. Blue it also teaches that wearing mixed fabrics, being a rebellious kid, eating shellfish etc. is equally an abomination.

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I agree that Abrahamic religion indeed comes very close to Nazism on certain issues. Hitler believed himself to be doing the "Lord's work", after all. The idea of murdering people for being somehow "sinful" in the eyes of one's religion is a very twisted one imo. (Yet the Abrahamic god himself exterminated the entire population of planet earth at one point, so again as long as these extremist religions survive, so will hate, for hate is at their very root)

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2013 at 02:03 AM ----------

They are interpreting it in a way that fits their agenda, just like progressive churches interpret it the opposite way.

I would think a true good book written by a good God wouldn't contain statements calling gays an abomination to be put to death in the first place. A perfect holy book written by the hand of God, yet it requires logical backflips to explain away pretty blatantly hateful statements that justify the thinking of devout Ugandans and their "Kill the Gays" bill.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^You're getting into really interesting history talking about holy books now, because those have been supposedly inspired by God, but written by men with with their own alterations and fallibility. Just like lawyers are able to pick apart statements that are poorly worded and sneak through actions while following them to the letter, people are able to do so with religious texts. I'm not enough of a bible scholar to say if it has a "Don't be a douche with the loopholes" commandment, but homophobes and other assorted religious undesirables somehow find a way.

EDIT: I've heard a lot of Christians mention that the Old Testament can be used for learning lessons about life, but they put much more stock in the actual teachings of Jesus in the New Testament. I don't think he personally did a lot of killing.

#18 Argentwing, Jul 23, 2013
  19. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    OMG, " homosexuality came from western culture, we are fighting for african culture" but...isnt the bible they love so much also a western culture import? ... So much logic

20. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That actually makes a shit load more sense, now. It's still contradictory to the 10 commandments, but still. Now I wasn't entirely sure, but was it under the people that claiming a woman was taking ownership of her, or is that also in the Bible? Either way, it makes much more sense than simply a homophobic God.