1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh, you're poor? No job for you.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cassindra Starlight, Jul 23, 2013.

1. This is seriously starting to piss me off. I've got a Job Corps certification in Office Administration, and I can't find shit for jobs, because now everybody wants either a bachelor's degree or years of experience, and I don't have either. I have every bit of knowledge on the subject that I need thanks to Job Corps, I just don't have the degree. I can't afford the degree. So, since I'm poor, I'm obviously not fit to hold a job. Since I don't have a job, I don't have any money. Since I don't have money, I'm a bum who needs to go get a job. I'm a bum, though, so why hire me when there are so many people with more money and shiner credentials to hire?

Fuck this economy.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well what kind of jobs have you applied for??

Have you tried a cleaners job? I don't think they care about your financial situation.

3. I've applied for basic stuff like Target and RiteAid, but I didn't get anything, and if I did I wouldn't make enough money. I was relying on working part time and going to college full time, then getting a good job, and my shot at college just went up in smoke.

I'm looking for clerical, administrative, receptionist, secretarial, or librarian work, as that's what I'm trained in.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel too bad because I'm going through the same exact thing at the moment. I graduated in 2010, with a B.S. in Criminal Justice and they're laying off people in my field left and right. So, for now, I've been applying to jobs that are not in my field, which is fine for the time being. However, I have had no luck, which is really depressing. So, I've been working as a Nanny for my friends and family who are lucky enough to have jobs. I plan on moving out of state next year, so I need a job asap. It's just really discouraging, but persistent usually pays off eventually, so hang in there.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only things you can do are either get financial aid for school (it's out there :wink:) or show your work to the right person and wow them.

It's an employer's market, though, so they can afford to be picky and take only the creamiest of the cream of the crop.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know, sister, it's super fucked up.

Also, sometimes they are doing credit checks on people, which is so bizarre. (The idea is supposed to be, if you have bad credit, you're unreliable and therefore a bad hire.) The problem is, if a person has no credit history or negative credit history, then she should be able to get a job to make payments on any outstanding debt in order to improve that credit history. But the idea seems to be, "you're damaged goods, so there."

This is a super shit economy, and I'm so sorry. (*hug*)

Ziester Adrian