1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you aren't fully out, are you afraid of getting drunk?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. GingerGuy

Since the middle of last year, I drank little alcohol, due to the fact Im now taking an anti-acne medicine (roacutan). Its very strong and actually works, though it damages the liver and fragilizes it. Therfore, I spent school parties and even my own graduation without drinking hardly anything. Thankfully, Ill be able to return to it next month (Im 18, before you ask). However, I am a littlle worried about doing something REALLY dangerous while in a drunken state. There are tons of straight guys in my school who I think are really, really attractive. And most of them are commited as well. So what would happen to me if, by the first class party I enter, I lose my inhibitions and start hitting on them, for real? This idea really scares me. I wonder if any of you have similar fears.

2. fluffyhandcuff

Yeah, I know that feeling. I don't really want to get drunk because I'm scared of loosing control. I've never been drunk so I have no idea what kind of drunk I would be. Would I start being aggressive and yelling at everyone? Or tell everyone all of my secrets and start crying? I don't know and to be honest I'm scared of finding out.

3. LinkLarkin

I've told several people I'm gay while drunk, and even flirted shamelessly with one guy who was thankfully even drunker than me and didn't notice. I'm in a very supportive environment though, if you don't think people you're with would react well to you coming out then definitely be careful. And tell your close friends when you're sober and can have a proper chat.

But in terms of safety, you only have to worry about it if your classmates are homophobic. Otherwise they'll either take it as a joke or at most feel a little uncomfortable, in which case they'll tell you that next time they see you sober.

4. ScatteredEarth

I would blame it one being drunk. You could identify yourself as the crazy drunk. And if someone goes through with it, then you got yourself a deal.

5. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm just never going to drink ever. So many people in my family are alcoholics.
    Plus I never want to lose my senses. To be honest, that's why I'm scared to masturbate and never have. Because I'm scared that my body might take over and I'd lose control of myself.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not afraid of getting drunk even if I'm not fully out. None of the people that I drink with are attractive. So I'm safe; however, I was very close to sending a text message to my friend saying I loved him while I was inebriated. Luckily, I had some brain will left in me so I just didn't send it.

7. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The thought that I might come out while drunk has crossed my mind, and it does worry me to the point where I'd be careful about how much/when/where I drink, but I have other issues and concerns about being drunk that scare me even more.

8. Xochipilli

Yes...
    I always think about this.
    I've never been drunk in my life so I have no idea what I'd be like.
    I'm afraid of what I'll say or do.
    Also, I like being fully in control.

9. Jonathan

Not really. Quite honestly, even when I am completely wasted, I still have a good amount of mental capabilities and control so it's not an issue. Yea, I may slur my words and have issues walking (I have the worst sense of balance when I'm drunk) but I still think clearly for the most part. The only difference is that everything seems a lot funnier and entertaining.

10. GingerGuy

Ill probably go to a friends party by the end of this month. Ill be able to drink by them, so...

It can be an awesome experience, but it can also be really dangerous.

11. Adarya

I'm afraid of getting drunk in general because of everything that could go wrong and all the aspects of my life at the moment that could be put in jeopardy if it became public knowledge. But if I did ever get drunk with assurance of no consequences, I would still be quite afraid of coming out while under the influence. To try to save myself I would make it out as a joke that I said while I was drunk, but I don't know how good that would turn out.

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2013 at 08:05 PM ----------

Also a large reason why I'll probably never drink. My dad drinks too much (but refuses to admit if he's an alcoholic) and I don't want to end up like him because I've seen and know what such a situation can do to other people. Also, many of my uncles are like him when it comes to drinking, so I see the problems that come from it first-hand. At the most I think I'll only have small amounts of wine in my life.

#11 Adarya, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  12. Hrantou

Been there. I've even sent a drunk text or two, but nothing too bad. The only people I'll never drink around are my sister and her husband and their friends. Especially since a lot of their male friends are very...attractive :wink: They love to drink, and are always inviting me over to drink with them and their friends, but I always say no. Never taking that chance.

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I can just see it. "HEY GUUUYS! I'm a duuuude." But I will admit, it's tempting. Certainly would make coming out easier...

But I wouldn't advise it. Better to come out with your wits intact, you know?

14. Salazar

I was always worried I would, and, indeed, almost did, but I guess I quickly yanked myself back to reality before I blurted something out.

That said, I have come out to a couple of people tipsy, but they were safe bets and u was already out to others.

15. Ticklish Fish

drunk myself? nah

drunk with people? yeah

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been drunk

17. hereliesfreedom

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You shouldn't worry too much, you are drunk and people do the craziest things when drunk so nobody will probably question you and you happen to kiss a guy

18. grumpybrit

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i don't get drunk often but when i do get drunk it never really ends well. basically tuns me into a backwards version of me. going from shy and quiet to idiotic and loud. i am worried that'll if i go to a BIG party for the first time i will get reckless and out myself accidentally by hitting on some random guy or something like that.

19. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes, I'd be very nervous about blabbing something while drunk. I did a few VERY stupid things while drunk in college (pulled a fire alarm, got off the elevator at the wrong floor and managed to get into the wrong room, plus that whole "oral sex on the closeted gay roommate who I had a crush on but who really did not find me attractive" thing). Lord knows what I might do now, and after losing 95 lbs. and generally not eating a lot, I have no tolerance at all, and I start getting numb lips and sounding Shakespearian after one Mike's Hard Lemonade.

20. Well my family has a broad history of alcohol allergy but small chance that I'm not allergic. However, if I was able to drink, I would be scared because I could easily blurt out many secrets.