1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bus crushes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by resu, Jul 24, 2013.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As an undergrad, I commuted from school every day (it took 45 minutes each way!), and I parked in a free parking area, which required taking a bus to reach the main campus buildings. Later on, I tried using the city buses from my home city, but it was a big hassle. In any case, since I am a very observant person, I would often have mini-crushes on guys while riding the bus, especially if I saw them multiple times. However, I honestly don't remember any of these people because I was firmly in the closet and avoided seeming too interested.

Now that I'm in grad school and far from home, my inhibitions have been wearing off, and since I don't have a car, I make frequent use of my current city's good public transportation, both buses and light rail. If anyone has read my thread about my general story, they will see I have a few crushes on people from riding bus (and train) that are more significant in my mind. I'll paraphrase these interactions:

There are these two attractive guys that almost always sit in the same two seats (between the bus' handicap ramp and second door). I call them the "hot French guys" because they look to me like Europeans. One of them has very dreamy hazel (?) eyes that I have to deliberately avoid staring at too long. Another is taller, but with glasses. They also eat at the lunch tables outside the building I work in, so it's exciting to catch a glimpse of them there. Recently, the tall guy was alone when the bus arrived, and someone was sitting in "his seat," so he sat on the other side with me. He then was looking toward the front in my direction a lot, sometimes turning away when I turned to him. I think he probably recognizes me now (a similar interaction happened on the train coming from the school), but I have no idea if he's interested. I want to talk to him (it will be hard because both are very attractive, unlike me), but I haven't seen him on a bus/train, yet. :/

In another case, there was this guy who often waits at my stop near my apartment. He usually kept his distance (and had earphones) while waiting (mostly to stay under the shade of a tree), but sometimes I thought he was taking glances at me on the bus. Well, yesterday I saw him at the stop, and we had both just missed the bus. Then we started to have a nice conversation and introduced ourselves, and I learned he was a med student. My semi-crush on him shot up as I realized he was friendly. His name was very unique, so I found his google+ profile, and some pics of him with a girl suggest he might be straight. The pics also made me like him even more since he went to do some humanitarian work in a foreign country. It was a little ironic since I had been wanting to talk to the "tall French guy" and ended up talking to a semi-crush guy. Even if nothing happens, I think I would be fine just having him as a friend.

So, some questions for you all are:

Have you ever had crushes on people while riding a bus (or train, plane), and what made you attracted to them?

Has anyone seemed attracted to you? I remember this one random guy seemed to be paying attention to me while we were waiting for a train (I had come from having a nice hair cut), and while on the train, he kept staring at me for the whole trip.

Did you ever act on those crushes, and what happened?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought this was a Crush with a Bus :roflmao:

I have seen the odd cute Guy on the bus :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL, I didn't think about it that way.

4. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

5. Wells

Wells Guest

I always see guys and sometimes girls,on the buses that are hot. Just hot though. Occassionally a crush might build up on me, usually on someone I see once though so I never get a chance to speak to them. I suppose i'm too young for that stuff anyways :slight_smile:

6. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    My first boy crush started on a bus. I met him in 6th grade, he was head football guy, dating cheerleader (ikr? so cliche) and i thought he was stupid the whole year. At the end, i was surprised to see him get an award alongside me and like 10 people for the A honor roll. I gained respect for him, then he started getting muscular over the years, and i realized i rode his bus in 7th grade as well xD He would always sit across from me (to the right) by his friend Trace. I wished he would sit by me everyday, and i would really only see him there + in our advanced math class together. Middle of the year, Trace moved, so i was sure he would sit by me, but then he had football everyday after school. End of the year, he sat by me... on the day I moved X_X. He actually joked about me being happy to see him, and he got in the seat. Hes kind of big compared to me (i was like 4'6 lol, he was maybe 5'4+) and his overall frame was large, so there wasnt much room.. His shoulder was up against mine, and our legs were rubbing against each other. I almost totally told him I loved him, but i was so embarrassed, I looked down/at the window wistfully for the whole time, and i eventually fell asleep. He woke me up when we got there all smiley still, and I just blushed... awkwardly got up dropped my flute.. he picked it up, and i hurriedly got it from him... in theprocess, hitting myself in the eye and getting a black eye haha... Then I moved to my new home, and i havent seen him on the bus since.

In 7th grade, I lived for bus rides, just for him :3 It seems romantic to me now, but silly still a bit.

Back on topic, I have been INSANELY attracted to a few people on trains, but ive never been on a public bus xD. I made a backstory for a guy once on a train when our train had to stop (we actually hit a guy in his truck in the middle of farm land lol... dunno how he didnt see/hear us coming) Totaled that guy's truck, but we were fine :3 Few hour delay, and he kept walking back and forth between coach, etc etc. The girl selling food on the train (like 20 hour train ride btw) noticed that I was noticing him. He seemed so particularly interested in some sort of book, and he looked like he was 18-24 ish, cute, slim, slightly muscular arms, but nerdy at the same time... just perfect! I couldnt say it was a romantic crush fully, but it was a crush of sorts

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ride the bus and subway a lot, so far I've seen Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling look-alikes, and just this morning some young dark-haired Adonis walked by...my knees felt weak!

8. leer

will a train do there was this cute man on the same train as me when I was going to school always gave me a smile when I made eye contact I was 15 then .

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this one Cute Guy that gets on the Bus after work & I mean really Cute, dressed in a Suit without a Tie, he is slim with a Cute tight Butt, he always sits on the same seat if it's available & I sit on the one behind him, I can't keep my eyes of him, I am looking at his hair, which is immaculate & well cut, his hands when he touches his hair, his finger nails, what can I say Mwah :slight_smile:

10. Hexagon

I would SO do that bus...

11. evora

It started on the bus even though I've seen her many times before, for years. Once I just heard her voice, turned around and this very strong feeling of attraction hit me.:rolle: And it hasn't gone away since then...

12. rainbowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was on a bus heading to the next town, when this super cute skater walks in. All the seats are full so he winds up standing in front of me. He was wearing a run dmc tank top that showed off his built shoulders and forearms. With his hipster mustache he was all i could keep looking at. Had his earbuds in and board on his side, I knew he was going to the skatepark. I had my Board with me too, if i didnt have my casts! on i would of followed him. to at least make friends with this hunk... :frowning2:

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone for the great responses. Today I was lucky to sit across from the two hot French guys, and they spoke a little to each other in French :icon_redf . Two hot guys was too much to handle, and I lost all my nerve to talk to them. It was hard to find a neutral place to look without turning my head.

14. Formality

I've had several but I tend to forget them the next day. Sometimes I wish I'd have acted on those feelings when I think about what could've been.

PI've turned a few heads as well, mostly from girls though. There is this one girl who is an old classmate that's smoking hot, if I was straight that is, that's always giving me these looks while touching her hair. When I think about her I kinda wish I was straight or at least bi, Since she's quite the catch. Not just the looks but she's got a cute laughter and a great personality. But unfortunately.... not even a wiggle.

#14 Formality, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013