1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recalling a Perfect Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, Jul 25, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings folks,

Just took a walk outside along the forest that lines the only boulevard in the biotech park that I work at. The weather is perfect, slightly cool and sunny.

The walk reminded me of what I consider a perfect day: I was 10 or 11, it was October on Thanksgiving (Canadians celebrate it in October), and I remember that the weather was like today.

We went to the country home of a friend, whose mother lived there. She was a nice white-haired old lady who seemed to enjoy our company (me and my sister). I recall there was another child there too, a nephew of our family friend. We arrived in the morning, and I remember the charm of playing with someone new, enjoying playing with a wheelbarrow and exploring the forest nearby. We played endlessly, and took a break inside where we made paper airplanes which the old lady let us fly inside, she patiently let us play as long as we wanted and we just cleaned up afterwards.

The day ended with a feast; roast turkey etc., as the sun quietly set and it got darker outside. It was a slow-paced (perfectly paced?) day, a beautiful day and I remember it fondly...

Can you recall days like these?