1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you guys found out you were LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thatoneguy81, Jul 25, 2013.

1. thatoneguy81

I am just curious to hear everyone's age when they actually knew that they were. I myself just confirmed myself being gay last year when I was 13. A lot of people say they found out when they were 12 or 13, my age, but others said they knew when they were really young like 4 to 7 years old. I'm really curious so post below! :icon_bigg

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I knew I was different from conception, in all ways. But I only came to terms with it last year.

3. Hexagon

4. MrBrightside

When i was watching the mens diving at the Beijing olympics... So i was 14 almost 15 at tht time.

5. timo

Had a period of questioning at 15 or 16 but I didn't know for sure until I was 20. I'm quite a late bloomer.

#5 timo, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  6. evora

From around age 7 I knew I was supposed to be interested in boys but I wasn't so I always had to have a made up crush in case someone asked who I liked.
    Some girls called me a lesbian when I was 11-12 and that's when it first occurred to me I might be gay but I still couldn't believe it until I was about 14-15, when I thought I was bisexual because I liked girls. But then forgot about it until I was 20 when I suddenly realized I was a lesbian and not bisexual or straight, at all.

7. LinkLarkin

I think I knew I liked boys when I was really young, maybe 4 or 5. But I thought nothing of it until I was 12 when I realised that I REALLY liked boys. So then I went into denial for a while until I was 15ish when it was impossible to deny my feelings anymore, so I started trying to convince myself I was bisexual. I carried on with that even though it was obviously a losing battle until I was 19, then I decided not only to accept my sexuality but also to work towards becoming comfortable enough to finally tell others about it :slight_smile:

8. lukeluvznicki13

In the past year I have been unsure because I felt attracted to a guy in my class and 2 months ago, I truly realised that I am attracted to guys and girls so therefore I am Bi.

9. Hrantou

When I had a crush on Ash from the first pokemon series. No joke, when I was little I had a crush on ash from pokemon and ever since that point I knew I liked guys.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Knew I liked girls since I was ten. Had crushes on female classmates, constantly fantasized about kissing them which freaked me out at the time because I was supposed to be a girl and as far as I knew, girls weren't supposed to love girls.

Figured out I was trans* a few months ago. Considering I spent my whole life being jealous of my brother because he 'got to be a boy' and I felt forced into my assigned gender, I don't know how it didn't occur to me sooner. :wink:

11. leer

known I was different 8-9 but I was 12 when I realized I was deff Gay.

12. Holly

Oh god. I probably started questioning when I was 13/14? Although I didn't fully accept myself as gay until I was far into 15. I've had about a year of full acceptance that I was LGBT, I just had to work out where I was on spectrum :slight_smile: I came out to one person when I was 14, when I was super confused, and have come out to all my friends aged 16. (Finally came out to my last two friends last Friday) :slight_smile:

13. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had my first inkling when I was 11 or 12 (it was in 6th grade science class). However, I've spent ten years trying to convince myself otherwise. Even after I became convinced that I was gay I thought it was a better idea to ignore it and date a girl anyway. It took me until this April to break that off and come out of the closet.

Man do I feel better!

14. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i suppose I've always known, started thinkin about it when i was 11 and then about a year and a half ago it hit me, i was like welllll.....shit....

15. fluffyhandcuff

About a year ago or so? But I wasn't labeling myself back then, did that just a few months ago.

16. JakeFromNarnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is embarrassing, but it was when I first started crushing on my church's guitar player. It was ALL downhill from there.

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm....5th grade. Had a serious case of denial from that point on.

18. George

I've known since I was 13 that I want to live with a guy for the rest of my life. However, if someone asked if I was gay I would have been quick to say no - and I truly meant that too - my own denial was pretty strong. It took many years of "inappropriate" friendships (as my dad now calls them) before I started to actively acknowledge my strong attractions towards guys. Only two months ago did I finally accept it completely after developing a huge crush on one of my friends. At that point there was simply no denying it anymore, so since then I have come to accept it and have started the coming out process.

#18 George, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  19. IntoTheDeep

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Around age 15 is when I started to realize I wasn't 100% straight, but it was just a few months ago that I finally realized I'm actually gay. I really don't know why it took me so long to realize it though because looking back there were SO MANY signs.

20. LelliLou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ive know for years. since i was in high school