1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People are so ignorant.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IHeartDisney, May 7, 2008.

1. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I was reading a debate on gay marriage on one of the message boards I frequent and here was a response that was so ignorant, it was unbelievable...

That's where trust comes in. Believing that God's word are his exact words. You have faith that they are. That He chose the right people to write down His words that He knew would guide us someday like today. See my post on trust, love and hope on the Religion thread for more.

That's right. He doesn't. That's exactly why I'm the same as a gay. A sin is a sin from heaven's poing of view. But the difference is i'll ask for forgiveness when I lie or something and Gays won't. But he won't discriminate. He'll just judge on judgment day.

But homosexuality is accepted more in today's culture and society than it ever has. I accept it. I think it's wrong, but I accept it. I think gays should get married too. Just, not with the religious ties to their ceremony.

Homosexuality has become increasingly tolerated over the past 50 years.
    I think my last statement is true. It's like anything else in society. If it's 'popular and acceptable' of course you're going to have more people do it. I think that's why we have so many 'bisexuals'. Because it's acceptable to be gay. I dont' think there is such a thing as bisexual. It's either you're pregnant or you're not. There's no in-between.

2. Alexander

3. Jeimuzu

It's not half as bad as some of the stuff I've read. That seems to be him saying "You'll regret it! But it's your own choice to choose your own damnation..." in which case, he's deluded but at least he's not using his prejudices against us.

And I don't think we should have the religious ties either. It's not a religious thing. It's an emotional thing, and the religion just tacks on to the end to suit us. I think that if you're getting married, why would you want it tied to a religion that doesn't want you?

4. Trumpetplyer23

Oh, I know what you mean. There's a website I'm a member of (it's a wonderful member except for this guy) he totally trashes gay marriage and homosexuality (we were having a debate about the Day Of Silence) then denies he did it, I was like wtf!?

5. he should f*ck off, life is entirely about in-betweens. Everything is grey. And you can be pregnant with a dead baby, thats a pretty big inbetween. (and thats not even a good comparison on his part)

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll take someone who will accept homosexuality over those who won't. No matter what their reasoning is. The bisexual thing needs some work, though. Do they think "you have to be attracted to blondes or brunettes - it can't be both"?

Lex

7. Paralyzer

This sounds like it came directly from the horses mouth..

The horse being the 1st person I told about my sexuality
    this is something he'd tottaly write.. down to the typos, syntax, and ignorance

(The horse referencing a somewhat inside joke for me from Brave New World)
    (It doesn't really work here.. x_x)

8. shakerdancee

I think gays should get married too. Just, not with the religious ties to their ceremony.

I sort of agree with this... religions can be as picky as they want with their members and the ceremonies involved because that's freedom of religion. However, the governmental marriage/union/partnership should have the same benefits with everyone involved

9. Trumpetplyer23

Wow, how do you compare bisexuality to pregnancy? Got to love how he put bisexuals in little quotations. Maybe when I come out to people I should us air quotes around the word bisexual.

Also, if it was so acceptable to be gay, then why did things like Matthew Shepard's killing take place or Lawrence King's murder, or Teena Brandon's killing happen?

10. SlowEyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that so many ppl complain about boobs like this guy, and then dont do anything about it.

Please dont jump me.

11. Leigh

Leigh Guest

im a bit confused - how is pregnancy related to being bisexual?? or is that the point.

this would be really amusing if it wasnt so real.

12. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Well, that person sounds very confused, They're probably bi themselves, it wouldn't suprise me.

13. Ty

Ty Guest

Closted homosexual. NEXT!

14. Paralyzer

I'm not jumping you.. but I think it's because we have tolerance for people we don't like