1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel like you do not fit in anywhere?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Galaxy2102, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Galaxy2102

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am very uncomfortable interacting with people, even on this website. I have known I was gay for many years, but I have never been comfortable with it. Does anyone else share this experience? I am seeking help to overcome it.

2. LinkLarkin

(*hug*) I know what you mean. It takes a lot of time to come to terms with something that changes your entire self image, especially if you're not surrounded by supportive people. The thing about this site is, you can really be yourself on here. None of us are going to judge you and it's a perfect place to meet people in a similar situation to you. Just start posting on the threads, you'll soon realise that gay people are completely normal and you have nothing to be ashamed of! :slight_smile:

3. evora

I hate taking the bus because I always feel like people are whispering about me or laughing and pointing at me. It depends on who it is though. Usually it's 11-15 year olds and 19-25 year olds I'm terrified of, probably because I was bullied by my classmates at that age.:confused:
    I would be very uncomfortable talking to certain people as well. But it really depends on the person.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, on EC :slight_smile:

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I did, my whole life. Spent years wondering why I couldn't just be normal, why I couldn't be like the other girls.

Figuring out I was trans*, finally felt like I belonged when I discovered the transgender community and started making other transguy friends.

6. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I have always suffered with anxiety and found it hard interacting with people face to face or online because of the bullying which I encountered when I was at school.
    When I joined EC I was less confident than I am now, and I have found that the more I talked to people, joining in on the post and also through talking to each other via the message walls this has increased.
    At first you will find it hard talking about your feelings and replying to threads, but take it slowly and you will gain in confidence :icon_bigg

7. Hrantou

Its only on EC that I feel I don't fit in, to be completely honest. I never felt I fit in with the gay community. I'm slowly growing out of it...slowly, and by that I mean snails move faster than I am. Mostly because I never see anyone get bashed here, and that's refreshing.

8. Hexagon

I've never fit in anywhere :frowning2:

9. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pretty much :frowning2:

10. fluffyhandcuff

I always ask myself what I'm trying to fit it. Everytime I can't answer that question, I just decide that there is no reason for me to feel that way because there are so many groups we try to fit it that it's not possible anymore to fit everywhere.

11. Rolando4

I'm hoping that as I get older, and make more LGBT friends, that I'll find my place in life. But for now I do kind of feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I have friends, but none that know I'm bi...

12. Formality

I've always been self-judgemental which hasn't been very good for my social life. I've had friends for all of my life and have only been bullied very little (about as much as anyone has), but I've never felt very close to someone, or had antone who truly shares my interests. I've never felt like I've been such a huge part of my social circles and tend to stick to myself a lot. But by doing so I've also realized who I am, what I like in terms of music, interets etc. I'm sure some day I'll find a group of people I can really bond with.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely have issues fitting in anywhere. But I'm mostly okay with that. Fitting somebody else's personal mold isn't the way to be the best person possible. :slight_smile:

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I really used to, and then I joined a forum I've been part of for 5 years now and that community has honestly helped so much to change my perspective on things for the better. It's probably the first place I truely felt like I fit in and I feel like the friendships I made there and memories of time spent with them will last me til the rest of my life

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be honest, I don't really feel like I fit in a specific place. I can "get away" with "fitting in" but when someone gets to truly know me, there's nearly nothing there that fits with the people I'm with.

The only place I've ever felt nearly like I fit in is my school. The first couple weeks were really hard to grasp, and that's because of one thing, and it's that same thing that keeps that school glued together, small as it is: Passion. Almost every other school I'd been to had people hating school, hating what they were doing, but still getting good grades despite lack of motivation. At my college, everyone (and I do mean everyone) is just so interested in the work that's put in front of them. Going to class is almost like a treat, and going to certain classes can be more of a treat than others. The passion is what the school looks for, so it's not entirely surprising but it still is, because it's really hard to grasp at first that the people who look like they might not give a shit actually really do give a shit. And they do a damn good job at what they do because of it.

Other than that, I've felt misplaced, even in my own home. My home is so emotionally vibrant. My (older than the other) sister is a complete fangirl and squees at anything JohnLock. My brother is more sensitive than Butters Stotch and steals more than Al Capone ever did. My youngest sister is the stereotypical 4-year-old princess, and my mother yells so much, Roger Daltrey would be impressed. My father is the most emotionally restrained out of all of us, and still impresses me even though he's right-wing (but not radical). So here I am, the LGBT member of the family who's gender-confused and biologically gay. I'm also pretty emotionally reserved, but at the same time, I've GOT to be because I don't want the family turning into an emotional drama-fest because of me, and I'm also trying to set an example for the younger kids, as that's been my role my WHOLE life. Something I'm still uncomfortable with, because I don't like being the center of attention, and I hate being dominant. That's something else in the family that I don't seem to match up to. Everyone seems to want the power, and I crave none of it. I just want to be me. My full me. Probably something even I haven't seen, yet because of this.

And yes, here on EC, because I end up posting these long essays, and I see most people posting like 1 or 2 lines of text. Which is ironic, because I've opened up myself more to EC than I have been in the past.

16. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely don't fit an ANYWHERE. I have no friends, no life, and don't know that I'll ever really be able to. But there is always hope for it, and that brings me a lot of comfort. You shouldn't give up hope if you don't fit in because if you give up on it you definitely never will, but if you keep hope you'll find a place that you belong even if it doesn't seem like it. You can have a terrible family, terrible social skills, you can have anything wrong with you, but you will find your place if you don't give up. Even if it's a small place with just 1 or 2 people you'll find it eventually. :slight_smile:

17. CuriousBunny

I only feel natural/like I fit in when I have my music blasting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ooops I am afraid I was having one of my Dyslexic Moments & did not read the question right lol I read it as "Do you feel like you do fit in anywhere?"

I feel that EC is the only place that I do fit into, I am with my own kind of people & a place where being Gay is actually the Norm & on a site where everyone is equal, no matter what their status (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

You will have to forgive my Dyslexia, it can get me into trouble sometimes :roflmao:

19. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a good thing that you're cute lol.
    -----------------------------------
    I get the feeling that I only fit in on here and in my dorm on campus.

20. FightingShadows

I feel like i'm kind of in limbo. I don't relate to the girls around me, but the guys don't really give me a chance as much as i'd wish they'd treat me like one of them. Granted, I have more girl than guy friends (which I wish was reversed), but really, i'd kill to sit around playing video games and talking about nothing in particular much more than going out shopping and listening to one of my girl friends talk about one guy problem or another. It's very frustrating