1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiv & aids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To be honest with you, becoming HIV & then later developing AIDS scares the shit out of me, I guess this is why, I have drilled it into myself, that when I finally have Anal Sex one day, it will only happen, when Condoms are available, even when I have had too much to drink, it is still there in the back of my head, Condoms or nothing, what does everyone else think ? :slight_smile:

#1 Dublin Boy, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  2. TSN2012

I absolutely agree with you! Safe sex is definitely very important. But in my case, my fear of HIV and aids is so big that the idea of having sex (even with condom on) scares me. :S

3. Hexagon

Yeah, condoms are good.

4. LinkLarkin

Yeah I'm totally on board with this. It's terrifying knowing that a single encounter can change your entire life forever like that. Always a condom. Maybe until I'm in an extremely committed relationship, but even then we're going to get tested every few months just in case.

They seem to be making advances with cures for HIV though, I appreciate it's still a hell of a long way off but it's nice to see a step in the right direction :slight_smile:

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Preferably before I become sexually active I will get tested for STD/STI's, just so my partner won't be paranoid about it, and I hope they would do the same. And then we can be safe from there.

6. KhanSaheb

I'm so glad to see these posts. I came out in 1983 when I was 19 years old. I've seen too many people die.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't forget about Post-Exposure Prophylaxis...condoms can break!

WHO | Post-exposure prophylaxis

The moment you realize the condom broke, go immediately to an emergency ward and get these treatments, you have about 48 hours to get started on it...

8. fluffyhandcuff

Now imagine how a lesbian feels lol

9. leer

always best to rubber up .:thumbsup:also if anyone is unsure about STD's & aids EC has helpful support & information pages .

#9 leer, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I grew up during the 80s when the AIDS crisis hit, and that left a huge impact on me.

I am not sure I'd ever feel comfortable with anal sex, even with a condom. Condoms can fail. "Safe sex" really should be labeled "safer sex." So I think before I'd even think of anal, I'd need not only a condom, but also a solid relationship with someone I feel like I can trust.

11. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Aids is the main reason I'm not one for casual sex. I'm scared as hell of catching it, so I wouldn't have sex with anyone I wasn't in a committed relationship with.

12. I agree 100%. I actually had a chance to try bottoming once, and I was really drunk, but I still insisted on using a condom. The guy didn't have any, but he respected my wishes without pushing it on me at all. So, consequently, I've never done it, but I don't care. Better safe than sorry.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my sentiments exactly :slight_smile:

14. Amerigo

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You think you're scared, I'm a biochemistry graduate student, and it scares me even more. The virus incorporates its DNA into your cells' genomes (it literally becomes a part of you, like cancer), and it mutates quickly to make it often resistant to drugs. Luckily, there is a lot of good research going on at my university and many others to find treatments and potential cures for HIV.

16. Foxface

I remember when AIDS became huge. I was a kid then and had to have it explained to me. Good call Dublin. Proud to see you take a stand

Foxface

17. George

I have big fears of HIV as well.. and for that reason I also will wait until I am in a committed relationship before taking things to that level. It's just so not worth the risk no matter how tempting or passionate the moment may be.

18. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not super afraid of it, but I'm not completely ignoring it, either. As a bottom, it's definitely one of those things that's on the forefront of my mind, and I've done some research to help prevent it. Every time I have sex, I plan to

1. Get tested
    2. Make sure my partner is tested
    3. Douche/shower
    4. Condoms
    5. Lube

In that exact order.

19. srslywtf

It's something that I dont like looking forward to in terms of being gay.. but at the same time,

for me it's condom or not happening now. simple.

when i thoguth I was straight I wouldve jumped at the opportunity for unprotected sex. Wonder where that wouldve left me in 20 years time?

At least we're aware/actively protecting.

20. josh9623

I have to agree that I would never have sex without a condom, even in a committed relationship. Not that I don't trust them, but that I know that even if both partners are clean and monogamous the top is still susceptible to an infection from the bacteria that are normally present in the rectum. Also if my partner were to cheat I doubt they would admit to it.