1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ok455, Jul 25, 2013.

1. ok455

I am curious are you people still using facebook or have you deleted your account?

I been noticing a lot of people deleting are there account on facebook. I haven't made that step yet i still try to use the website to keep up with people and chat with strangers. But its getting to that point i am ready to delete it. Facebook is getting to that point its just more annoying then ever with the love and life quotes,memes,someecards (its something witty with a old fashion drawling people act like its golden). The unnecessary changes like switching all the notification to the right side? i don't understand that.

Sorry for the rant!

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm still on facebook. A lot of the groups that I am in in college still use facebook to organize things. It also helps me keep in contact with people when I away. (By away, I mean away from school or away from home.) That's the only reason why I keep it.

3. Rolando4

I still have mine too. Also like you, I want to keep it to just keep in touch with some people. But I should probably delete it D: it's very distracting and pretty useless. Plus so many other social media sites are gaining popularity.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Still have my Facebook account (which is signed under my legal name, birth gender) but I hardly ever use it except to check up on people. I'm tempted to make another account though might hold off until I'm able to simply change the name/gender on my old one.

5. Hrantou

You look familiar....*grump*

Anyway, I still have mine, but its only to keep in touch with people that I never see anymore. But thanks to instagram and other sites like that, I should probably just delete it. Its only there for me to look at when I'm incredibly bored.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

...am I the only one who really likes Facebook? :confused: Getting to keep in contact with all of my friends (both those I see regularly and those I don't) is fantastic, and I've had some great conversations on there.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still have a Facebook and I use it for entertainment purposes. The amount of stupidity on that site is astounding, especially on political pages.

8. Sarcastic Luck

You're not. I use facebook to keep in touch with a lot of my friends.

9. Amerigo

it's a rarity :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i call it fakebook due to all the fakeness. i'd just rather not. having said that, i may have to reactivate my account soon if i want to *try* to make new friends at uni...hmmm...

10. Ridiculous

I've never used Facebook *gloat*.

edit: omg 4 posts at the same time

11. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I still have mine and frequent it. Twitter looks cool but Bleh. Instagram is fun, but sometimes I don't want a picture, I want WORDS.

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still have my Facebook for my job and to keep up with my friends from long ago. I don't foresee my deleting it as I need it for my job next semester and I'm thinking of utilizing Facebook (that is, of course, if it's still around) during my education career to answer student's questions when they're not present in my class or to remind them of homework. I like Facebook too much, I can't see myself getting rid of it.

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still use Facebook for a few reasons:

1. Lots of friends still on there
    2. My feed has a lot of cool photos because of my awesome friends (I'm probably the one on here with the most supportive feed of LGBT rights, because of one certain friend)
    3. I've heard stories of people actually getting jobs over Facebook
    4. The Westboro Baptist page is still under control by Anonymous
    5. Number 4 is an excuse.

14. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I killed mine. I never went on it, so the only reason it existed was if someone wanted to stalk me or an employer wanted to peek into my private life.

15. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, I think I get that but the LGBT rights post are from different people. So you probably get the one for a single person.

16. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well, I will admit that I've met some great people through it- including one guy who was instrumental in helping me figure out my gender. :grin: The only thing I honestly do on it anymore is message friends and whatnot- couldn't care less about whatever the hell people are posting.

Facebook is my mother's territory. Tags me in so many damn pictures that I gave up untagging myself long ago.

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Still on FB just not as often since discovering EC :slight_smile:

18. Mhin

Its annoying when people are like posting all the things happening to them every minute. but im not yet to the point of deleting it, fb is good :slight_smile:, just make sure you only add the people you know personally :slight_smile:

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it's different friends. There's just one friend who's REALLY against the GOP (He shares about 20 photos that are against the GOP every day), so the majority come from him.

20. Ritor365

I've never actually used Facebook:lol: It doesn't draw me in or interest me. I usually just call up my friends or shoot them an email.