1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Else Do This?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AspieXLDS, Jul 25, 2013.

1. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, once again it's been a while. My father and I were having a discussion one night and he started on about homosexuals and I couldn't stand it, so I told him I was gay. Funny thing is, I think he knew. In fact, I'm certain. He's not the kind of guy who'd react to it with a cool expression. He'd flip out. For a while I thought my Aunt Twila somehow found out (I unfriended her on FB before coming out for another reason altogether), but then I realized this guy on my friends list was the first counselor in the bishopric of my dad's Mormon congregation. So that's probably how he found out.

Anyways, for whatever reason, I still needed Dad's approval and somehow he ended up convincing me that it was depression talking, nothing else, and that I was just lonely and talked me into going to the local singles ward for college-age Mormons. I went once, and I haven't gone back.

I've recently had a 're-awakening', so to speak and realized that my dad's opinion, no matter how vital it would've been in the past, doesn't matter anymore. I'll probably be around the forums a bit more, but I gotta ask: has anyone else done this little dance where they start thinking they imagined it and back out more than one time?

2. KhanSaheb

I can't help you with that one. Once I realized it for my self, there was no going back.

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do this all the time. The thing is, when I think i imagined it, in my case being trans, I still accept that I'm not a woman. Which is weird, and uncomfortable.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very sorry your dad is in denial. If he truly loves you unconditionally, he will come around. It may take years, but in the meantime focus on those who will give your the acceptance you deserve. You know yourself better than anyone else.