1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that shouldn't annoy you but do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foxface, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Foxface

So I was wondering what are things that irritate you but probably shouldn't?

I have two right off the bat

1. When the passenger of a car has their feet on the dashboard. First off, if that car wrecks you are gonna destroy those legs and your hip. Second, it is gross...keep your nasty feet off my dash

2. and this one I really don't get why it bothers me...I hate when people are lazily riding their bike with both hands off the handle bars. I know it shouldn't bug me but for some unnamed reason it really does

ok your turn

Foxface

2. ScatteredEarth

1. When a person starts explaining to me something I already know, like the plot to a game that I have already beaten multiple times. I just want to ring their neck and walk away for some reason.

2. I hate when a person starts speaking out of ignorance and doesn't really know the facts. The Zimmerman Trial for instance, really pissed the living shit out of me.. And that was 10 minutes from my house.

3. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

1. When I hear my father speak on the phone and the way he speaks... he always talks too loud and in an annoying way

2. I hate it when people write their laugh like- hihi, instead of-haha.

#3 FucSoc, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. ScatteredEarth

Don't forget 'jaja' and 'huehue' That gets under my skin.

3. People who use the term 'lmao' 'lol' 'rofl' or well, any form of slang in an extended version... like 'LMFAOOOOOOO' 'lolllll' 'ROOOFFFFLL' etc etc.

5. FightingShadows

Being a cashier, I have A LOT of pet peeves. But i'll put a few...

1. People who bring their own bags
    1a. And tell you to bag them lightly
    (ahem! They're big and annoying for a reason! They're meant for heavy loading. You don't like it, don't fucking use 'em! I'd prefer you didn't use them anyway)

2. When I double bag something in plastic so that it doesn't break and people only take the first bag I put in

3. Asking what way to slide their card
    (It shows you on the card reader, dumbass!)

4. When they write their check and on the card reader it has something like this:
    PLEASE SLIDE CARD
    I authorize this check...
    YES NO
    Then they proceed to tell me they are using a check, not sliding a card.
    (What are you, illiterate?! Read the next line down!)

Anyway, those are some of the things that annoy me.

6. ScatteredEarth

^
    Not to sound offensive, but I also don't like employees who seem like they really don't want to be there. I'm aware that you may not like your job, but that's exactly it.. It's your job, not your recreational activity. You get payed for this, you may as well do it with a smile. This is directed at anyone who generally goes in half assed. Not directed at you.

7. FightingShadows

Yes, but it also doesn't hurt to have a little common sense either...I mean, the bag thing, I can pass and even reading the screen on the card reader, okay, maybe you can't see the writing all that well, but most customers I endure throughout the day don't have an iota of common sense.

8. ScatteredEarth

Maybe it's just me, I tend to show a lot of etiquette when it comes to going to a store or what not. But that's just the way I was raised. I don't like it when I'm not doing anything wrong and I'm being looked at like I'm some fucking retard who came to the store for an Arizona.

9. coreyl13

Oh I was a cachier for a short period of time. Those Earth bags. How about I scan and you bag.
    My washer lid locks I just want to break it off.
    When I talk to my grandpa its like talking to eor from pooh bear. I have it down to where I can nod say yeah ok and really? And not be listening.
    I'm sure ill be back with more....

10. LinkLarkin

There are so many! I'm sure there will be more that strike me later on, but for now the first one that jumps into my mind is when you're waiting to cross the road at a pedestrian crossing and then somebody else walks up and pushes the button, as though you were too stupid to think of doing that yourself! I was just standing here waiting to cross an insanely large flow of traffic without bothering to push the button to change the lights, of course!

I have no idea why but that really gets on my nerves.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

1. Yawning. Drives me nuts, especially when people don't cover their mouths and they've got their heads back like they're the mother fucking MGM lion or whatever. I've got family that does this.

2. Excessively clicking pens.

12. Abbra

1. People who slowly ride their bike in the middle of the road. I can understand that there isn't always a bike lane, so you have to go into the road. Whatever, that's fine. I can stand to slow down a little bit. But seriously, don't ride around at five miles an hour when the car speed limit is 35. I shouldn't have to be late just because you were too inconsiderate to pick up the pace a little. Don't get me started on people who refuse to use the bike lane.

2. The phrase "overrated". I hate that phrase, because it is only used on 3 occasions.
    - You want to look smarter, so you hate on something popular. Evidently, we can't be smart and positive.
    - You are butthurt because everyone liked something that you didn't, so you try to make everyone else look like they are wrong.
    - A combination of the two.
    Most things aren't overrated. There is a reason something is popular, whether you see it or not.

3. Saying "excuse you" when people sneeze. It's supposed to be polite or whatever, but I wish it would die. All it does is take something simple like sneezing, and making it waste more time. It's the worst when it's during class. The teacher will be talking, and I will sneeze. Suddenly, there will be 5 "bless you's" and it takes thirty seconds, and the teacher has to stop talking all because we couldn't just let it go. It's an archaic tradition.

#12 Abbra, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  13. Scarlet123

1) i have only ever properly liked 2 girls... my mum knows the 1st one and she is predicting the 2nd one (which is true tho i didn't tell her there is a 2nd) and since she thought about the 2nd girl she has been saying a lot nicer things about the 1st one (who is my best friend) and kind putting down the other one in a way (using the example that when i hugged her she carried on walking... even though it's because she was in a rush and she had actually already hugged me so...) so in a way i am annoyed at my mum being nice to my best friend? :S
    2)ok this is weird but i really hate my sister's feet... seriously... they disgust me idk why X_X

14. Awkward Balloon

1. Mispronunciation .. In my area, the majority of teenagers simply leave out the "g" sound in all words ending in "ing" . This frustrates me.
    They also tend to pronounce "th" as a "d".

2. People not using grammar correctly. I'm not saying my grammar is perfect, because I have probably made many mistakes in this post alone.
    But I constantly hear the words "you's", "use", "yous" and "yiz" used as the plural for "you". I have even heard "yizers" as the possessive for "yiz".

3. People who purposely act stupid. Girls that I know often do it because they think it is attractive to guys, when really they just look dumb.

4. Religion. It annoys me and infuriates me, for basically no reason. I am generally quite intolerable, and an atheist so I think my mind just cannot accept how people can believe in such things. But I won't start an argument here, and I apologise for offending anyone.

I think that is enough for now... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. FightingShadows

I'm pretty nice to customers first off. If you're not doing anything wrong and you're acting like a nice, smart, upstanding citizen, then fine. No problem. It's the one's with the attitude toward me right off or the ones that can't tell their ass from their elbow I have a problem with.

16. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    when you hear people smacking their lips together.

17. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. When people don't listen to you when your in an argument
    2. When people act like they know everything
    3. When people assume your lying when you smile for another reason
    4. When people OBSESSIVELY talk about there problems (-and don't give two shits about your's)
    5. When people won't stop talking to me in the movie theater (IE: Whats going on? Who is she/he?) (My reaction: Why don't you watch the movie and find out!)

-All I got for right now..

18. Techno Kid

When people at a mall, walmart, grocery store, etc. leave shopping carts lying around everywhere (such as in parking spaces).

Can't think of any others at the moment.

19. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When people start threads about things that annoy them.

20. songbird

My mom's cough. It's loud and pierces my eardrums. ;_;
    Ringing phones, especially my dad's ringtone.
    People that eat loudly and have no table manners.
    People that don't silence the damn alerts on their phone during family/friend gatherings, when they go out to eat with other people, etc. my dad doesn't understand how stupidly impolite this is. He'll stop a conversation to check a damn sports score.