1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

identities, what are they and which do you fit in?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by coreyl13, Jul 26, 2013.

1. coreyl13

I DONT know how to delete this. I do realize there is a better forum for this. ORIENTAION
    Appology in advance

There are so many different orientaion/identities. Some I've never heard of and don't understand
    Can you list them and give a brief explanation?
    And which do you identify as?
    I identify as Gay. And I do find ftm attractive.
    Some I've heard of

Pansexual
    Asexual
    Polysexual
    Genderfluid
    Gay
    Lesbian
    Questioning
    Bi
    Bi-curious
    Transgender

I can't think of any others off hand

#1 coreyl13, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Simple. I'm a bisexual transman. While my orientation might better be described by some as pansexuality (because I'm attracted to non-binary genders besides man/woman), I figure bisexual is simplier for people outside of the LGBT community to understand and I've spent long enough avoiding the label anyway.

Transman- I'm FtM but find I'm not overly fond of the term. I'm transgender and I identify as male hence, transman.

3. ScatteredEarth

I'm simply Bisexual. But when I place it specifically, it would be somewhere along the lines of Heteroromantic Homosexual because I have a strong romantic attraction towards females, where most male attractions are 'primal' if you will.

4. Techno Kid

Well I identify as a Bisexual. Or if I want to be more specific (as of now) I would say Homoromantic Bisexual because my attraction to females is less romantic than sexual.

That seems really shallow to me, but I like having girls for friends (most of my friends are girls in fact).

#4 Techno Kid, Jul 26, 2013
  5. FreeFlow9917

Possibly homolexible, for now gay

6. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is a simple definition but 'Polyamorous' means to be in a relationship with or to be attracted to more than one person at the same time, as opposed to a monogomous relationship which is only two people.

7. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  8. Hexagon

Pansexual genderqueer man

#8 Hexagon, Jul 26, 2013
  9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender: Androgyne/Transgender. I'm pretty much smack-dab in between male and female. Does that mean every waking moment of my life is there? No. There are times when I'm doing a guy thing and other times when I'm doing a girl thing. But being presented as someone who could look like either a male or female is really pleasing to me, as I don't follow either to the tee, nor remotely. Also, most of the things I do or reasons for doing them have more of a realistic outlook. For example, if I'm fixing a toilet, it's because it's not flushing and it needs to work. I also dress with aspects that could have either gender, as it's mostly a T-shirt, jeans and a hoodie.

Sexual Orientation: Gay. I'm biologically male, and actually plan to keep it that way. I don't need a ripped set of muscles to be a guy, and having a penis actually does have some advantages such as being able to stand while peeing. I also have a boyfriend, and I know he wants me to keep my body as a male.

Romantic Orientation: Biromantic. I usually see girls as the prettier ones, but I will admit to have fallen for guys as well. If I do ever have the chance to get drunk, my guess is I'll be much worse than I already am XD

10. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, but I lean to guys. And I don't think I'll ever go out with a girl because I romantically like guys a lot more.
    Gender: Technically, I guess you could say I'm MTF. But I really just don't give a shit (I would very slightly prefer being a woman, but not enough to really care), and so I'll stay a guy, like cBuilding.

11. LinkLarkin

:grin: I made a partial list of identities on my phone (don't ask why, I'm weird like that...) but I didn't think I would have the opportunity to put it to use this soon! :grin:

Lesbian
    Gay
    Gynephile
    Genderfluid
    Genderqueer
    Bigender
    Bisexual
    Bicurious
    Two-spirit
    Trigender
    Trisexual
    Transgender
    Transsexual
    Kathoey
    Heteroflexible
    Homoflexible
    Queer
    Questioning
    Unsure
    Intersexed
    Androphile
    Androgyne
    Agender
    Asexual
    Demisexual
    Polygender
    Polysexual
    Pangender
    Pansexual

Somebody please add to this for me!

As for me personally, I'm just a boring old cis-gay guy.

12. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I can think of a few more:
    • Aromantic (does not experience romantic attraction)
    • Gray-asexual (aka gray-ace) (not technically asexual, but finds asexuality useful in describing their experience)
    • Gray-aromantic (aka gray-aro) (same as gray-asexual, but for romantic attraction)
    • WTF-romantic(does not understand romantic attraction and can't say whether they feel it or not)
    • Lithromantic (experiences romantic attraction, but has no desire to act on it)
    • Neutrois (don't know enough about it to be able to give a satisfactory explanation)
    • Transmasculine/transfeminine (similar to trans man or trans woman, but not wholly binary)
    • Demigirl/demiboy (feels some affiliation with either of the binary genders, but not enough to really identify with them; applies to people regardless of whether the gender they side more with is the one they were assigned at birth)

As for myself, I'd probably say I'm a gray-ace/-aro (maybe wtf-romantic/-sexual) femandrogyne with a preference for women. Gender-wise I'm more female than male but experience discomfort when gendered. Because this was the gender I was assigned at birth, I don't identify as trans. I've pretty much given up on figuring out what my sexual and romantic orientations actually are. What do you call it when you are more likely to develop some sort of feelings for men but only ever develop desire for women...?

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gay :newcolor: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

14. person57

I'm a biromantic homosexual. This means I'm attracted to guys physically and emotionally but I'm only attracted to girls emotionally. So Basically, I'm bisexual.

#14 person57, Jul 26, 2013
  15. Hrantou

Incredibly 10,000% gay. (Yes, ten thousand percent) :grin:

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bisexual hits closest to home... I've also considered biromantic heterosexual, questioning, and bicurious in the past. A lot of people dislike "queer" but I find it all-encompassing and less fixed, which I think sexuality is.

17. Foxface

cis-gender bisexual male...super femme? :slight_smile:

Foxface

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay...I'm sure of it. I've considered all POVs of bi and none of them fit me. (that might've been a bad way of phrasing it)

19. George

I'm pretty certain that I'm gay. I don't think any of the other labels fit me.

20. LionsAndShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gay. One word, short, and simple.