1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on Religion and Politics (May Offend)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Jul 26, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Hey guys, what is our view on religion and politics

Religion: I really do believe there is a god out there and there is a legitamate heaven where God loves everyone, but i also believe the big bang theory

Politics: The B.S. that goes on in the U.S. from politics have corrupted our country, so i try to stay away, hell i'm a liberal conservative because i believe the beliefs of both sides, but politics are so diluted with animosity in the U.S., i stay away from it

2. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no god.

3. lukeluvznicki13

I am a Christian and I am bi.
    When people say that being gay, les or bi is against Christianity I tend to disagree.
    What I believe is the following:
    -God created every human being in his/her's own special way
    -God loves all his children for who they are
    -Being a Christian means you love God and Jesus and you follow His Way. Christianity has developed a lot with many "human" ideas and I think that a lot of human influence has happened within the churches instead of God's actual influence.
    So I follow what the Lord tells me and not some ridiculous Ye Olde rules.

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^^ There is my religious beliefs.
    Politics:Everyone lies. Trust none of them.

Just a quick, BTW, religious-based threads on EC NEVER go well.

5. lukeluvznicki13

that is true
    and oops, i forgot my post on politics.
    x] i will think about it but i'm not in my debating zone x]

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No matter what your beliefs are, lets keep this thread civil.

As for me, I consider myself to be an agnostic atheist humanist. I don't believe that a god exists, but I have no way to prove that.

Politics: I'm a little bit of everything (except tea-party republican and other Conservative groups like that.. I'm pretty liberal.) I'm leaning towards anarchism though.

7. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

I won't get into religion, but politically I think a good rule is trust, but verify. Think about why someone would want you to know something, what they are trying to accomplish. Everyone has an ulterior motive. Personally I don't align myself with either party because I think it's a broken system, but I lean liberal.

8. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Religion:

Religion in and of itself is a man-made thing. There is no religion that completely follows science. There also is no proof of a god. And the only way to actually prove there ISN'T a god is to prove that there is one. Said god would have to actually show up and prove existence without conventional science.

Does that mean I'm athiest? Not exactly. I don't know if there is or isn't a god (or multiple gods), but if there is at least one, then that god is pulling ALL the strings of the science we know, and would have created the Earth closely to as we understand it to have been created. That god would also have been behind evolution, natural selection, etc. as well as dark matter, dark energy, singularities, etc. Because of all of this, homosexuality wouldn't be a "sin" because it's the natural workings of an animal body.

So do I believe in the Judeo-Christian god? No. But I'm not letting all thoughts of a god slide. There may be, there may not be. But until I'm convinced otherwise, I'm leaning more towards the "no" side.

Politics:

Most people that go into politics have one thing in common: They want to change the world for the better. The problem however, lies when "The better" is a different thing for two or more people, especially when religion is involved. Because of this, wars and feuds have happened, and billions of people have been killed, hurt, etc. So inadvertently, "for the better" has turned out to be worse than it was beforehand.

But nonetheless, the world keeps spinning, and the next day comes. There is now a mess that has to be cleaned up. Sometimes it's fixed, sometimes it's the same in a different spot, or sometimes it's even worse.

#8 Jinkies, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  9. Sorcerer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Religion: You are entitled to believe in any faith you want, of course, but the majority of them persecute gay people. This applies to jews, muslims and especially the American religious right. Anglicans are much more welcoming, except about gay marriage of course. I don't know about hindus, buddhists and other cults.

Politics: Is a dirty business alright, but if you abstain you'll find the others won't, and you'll lose the argument. Get in there and kick the bad guys.

10. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    religion: dont care but the idea of god appeals to me
    politics: marxism/anarchism

11. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in god as in the thing that created everything but don't believe anyone should tell or dictate to me what he looks like or wants how would people know unless they seen him or it? Also I feel some religions are used as a excuse to do certain action i.e kill people. Another reason I will not go to church or anywhere to be told what people think god wants from me when they or I have never seen what god is. It is all assumptions to me sorry but thats mys honest opinion.

Politics let not go there they always make false promises...

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Politics: Nobody says all of what they believe if they hope to get anywhere in government. Only the snakes are successful because they are the ones who can accept pushing all of a party's views whether they're wrong or not, as long as it gets them votes. Look at Ron Paul. He's a little cuckoo, but so much of what he says would be great for the country. But his views don't line up with party intentions, so he's sort of brushed to the side.

Religion: I'm a cautious theist. There is so much to the universe that we not only don't know, but is profoundly separated from our own existence. Even assuming that the Big Bang theory is true (which I do) it has been postulated that it was caused by two parallel "sheets" of 4-D spacetime coming into contact. We have a hard enough time wrapping our heads around the idea that gravity may not be a force in itself, but the result of a curvature of spacetime with respect to a strange 5th or even more dimensions, and that's only counting *our* universe. The prospect that there could be infinitely more of them is enough to overload anyone's brain.

I do think that whatever force that created an existence so inconceivable and complex is plenty advanced enough to be self-aware, intelligent, and subtly play a role in our everyday lives. If proven otherwise I'll drop my God in an instant, but until then, I'm convinced he's real.

13. Hrantou

Religion. If you wanna do that stuff, go ahead. I just don't wanna hear about it. I hate people who constantly talk about it and shove it in my face how faithful they are. Thats great, I just don't wanna hear about it.

Politics. I don't talk about them, and I personally don't follow them enough to talk about them. Everyones underwear always gets in a bunch when different views come into the mix and it....argh just no.

14. FightingShadows

Religion: I'm agnostic. For a while I believed there was no god. I'd like the believe there is one, but I'm really not sure.

Politics: I don't concern myself with that.

15. ScatteredEarth

Religion: I like to consider myself a 'selective' Catholic. I do believe there is a God and a Heaven and Hell, but I don't believe that being in any part of the LGBT spectrum constitutes going to hell. According to the Bible that these people follow, God made us in his image. So if he made us in his image, then why the hell are you going to bitch at us for being different than you? We are, after all the same people. I'm not committing a crime by loving another male, am I? I believe the only things that can send you to Hell are heinous acts such as murder, rape, etc etc.

Politics: I tend to stay out of this area to avoid any type of conflict with people who tend to take Politics to a whole new level. At the bare minimum, however, if I was to go with very basic politics. I would be a Democrat and nothing more special than that.

16. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Religion: atheist.

Politics: Love anything political. I'm pretty much a moderate, but I lean slightly Republican.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Religion: Bitter atheist

Politics: Die-hard, bleeding liberal

18. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    religion + politics = evil Religions shouldn't be forced on to people and baseing laws on things without evidence. Theoracy only have to point to a holy book to justify there discrimation into law. For example look at Russia nower days with these anti-gay laws inspired by the orthodox church.

19. timo

Religion: Let's say I'm not a fan of organised religion. Live and let live, though.

Politics: I'm progressive, left-wing, environmental. In favour of income equality (more or less, society can't function with full income equality). And no matter gender, orientation, race, age, whatever: everyone should be treated the same and not be denied any rights. People who say something different can curl up and die go away. But I'd be surprised if anyone on EC disagrees with this. Unfortunately some politicians do.

Also, religion should have no place in politics. The government('s plans) should not be influenced by religion.

20. ross96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I believe that religion and politics are the reason of many bad things that happen.. just look at how many religions there are, they are the reason of loads of fights between religious groups, they discriminate against the LGBT community and are the biggest mafia ever... There are a lot of cults, that brainwash people , and people throw their money on them.. I don't like to generalize but thats what happens with most churches, look at scientology and how they use celebrities to attract people, if someone of the family leaves the church they cut their contact with them.. One of my classmates is a Jehova's witness and her parents got divorced because her mom quit the church or something, they can't even use other people's blood in case of a serious accident that requires blood transfusion and they can die , and just because some invented church says it ,they do it. Also why following a book that was written 2000 or IDK how many years ago ? It's like very primitive to me... what if they brought back the prohibition of women's rights just because its stated in a document of hundreds years ago and they consider it important...wouldn't that be discrimination? Of course there are different ways of interpreting the Bible ,but it's stupid to follow what an old book says.