1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potentially awkward situation in the future?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm asking for advice, but I think this is still the right place for this.
    I have three younger cousins. Their aunt is very openminded and such, but their Uncle routinely says that gay people are evil and shouldn't be allowed to marry.
    This isn't about me, though.
    The youngest cousin, who is 7, will almost certainly be gay. He sneaks into his mom's makeup kit, likes theatre and dress-up, hangs out with girls, and acts pretty feminine. Yes, these are stereotypes, but they're stereotypes for a reason. The oldest one also might be gay, though he's not so clear-cut. The middle one is about as stereotypically straight as can be.

I'm just worried for the youngest one about his dad. What kind of stuff do you think I can do?

2. LD579

...I think you should be a kind cousin to them all, and stay in touch with your aunt as the years go by. Beyond that, it's hard to say. What if this 7 year old turns out to not be gay? Only time can tell, and stereotypes can be right but can also be wrong. He's 7. Maybe he just likes what he does.