1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you Analyze a Situation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Jul 26, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Hey guys, girls, trans, and other, what do you do when you're in a situation.

I analyze my decisions cerebrally, and theoretically based on what is going to happen

2. Hexagon

*boldly raises hand*

'Trans' is not a gender. Male and female are genders. You also get non-binary genders, but none of them are 'trans'.

As for analysing a situation, I use my brain. What else would I do?

3. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I read a book once on the ways people think. There was a test to see what type(s) you are. I believe I am an idealist/realist. I see things the way they are but I can see a better way at the same time. I tend to be very emotional and that effects my decisions most of the time but I also have a unique way of breaking down a situation logically.

4. Hrantou

I tend to get emotional quick, and go with my gut in heavy situations. In my experience its mostly worked out for the better. Not always. I never was much of a thinker. Sometimes it feels like my brains switched off a lot of the time. I've made it this far though, and I'll keep going.

5. Foxface

i agree. Instinct serves us well

by the way I love that you posted that you get emotional quickly and have grumpy cat as your avatar :slight_smile:

Foxface

6. Adarya

In large situations / decisions I find myself thinking ahead and using my brain to find the best possible solution for myself and other parties involved. I take my morals and ideas into consideration and I do what I think is right.

For quick decisions or situations where I don't have much time to think I go with my gut and gut reactions, especially in - like others have said - heavy situations. I think my emotions get the best of me sometimes, but mostly I go with my first reaction or thought of what to do.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I go into a discussion, there are 3 things I have with me (or are on my mind)

1. The fact that there is one side that does less damage to the other, if at all. That side is the better one, and is greatly supported by 2 and 3.
    2. Evidence
    3. History

Now due to shitty American "education", I may be misinformed of some things. That's also something I take with me, and I'm always prepared to change my mind if further evidence and history support the opposition to my case.

I then go into the situation and learn about the facts, and the facts only. Those are unassuming pieces of evidence that tell the whole truth. Even though someone goes under oath, they still could be lying. Usually there is documented evidence to tell a story. That evidence is what I look at because it says nothing about the true motivations about something unless it comes out of the horse's mouth. That would usually then be evidence.

Based on those facts and everything else I see in the story as well as what I know about the history of things, I start to make a case. I present it with my evidence and wait to see if someone retorts. If they do and their case holds more support with further evidence and history, I'll change my mind. If not, I'm not changing my mind.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are all the facts, if I do this, this will happen, consider all options, and then makes the decision based on the best outcome.

9. MerBear

common sense, reference, my gut

10. Naren

My process is as follows.
    1 - Think about the situation
    2 - look at this gif
    [​IMG]
    3 - If I'm not laughing it's serious

11. Hrantou

Because my natural response is grumpy! :angry: Hehe :grin: