1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do girls become women ? And when do boys become men? Everyone can answer :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I've been wondering if puberty is physical stage only but its a mental and emotional stage too .With decisions good and bad , make people who they are so when do we grow into adults ? And how ? And when are we human or animals?

2. LD579

It depends on the person and a large variety of factors. Too many to list, perhaps.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many variables come into this. Some people become men and women very early, and others are still boys and girls at the age of twenty. I still consider myself as a boy, and I think I shall for a long time.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Puberty is the time when you become a man/woman?

PFFFFFF My maturity = 0

Seriously, though. My arguments might be put together like a 25-year-old lawyer, but there is NO WAY that my basic ideals will change from when I was about 7. I also don't like having a ton of responsibility if it probably means I won't have fun.

5. Holly

I think it's different for everyone... I think its when you hit full maturity, personally. I'd say society deems it 20-ish? To me, the teens are always assumed to be 'youth'. I feel very mature myself, but I'm definitely not regarded as a woman...

6. Fiddledeedee

7. kem

kem

What is maturity anyway? I guess it's just about sufficient intelligence, life experience and having your own view and opinion about the world. How early on in life one acquires those is largely dependent on the person I suppose, but I think people usually start to mature by the time they are around 18, 19. I thought I was mature when I was 16 but looking back I was still naïve and silly.

8. leer

it`s different for everyone I noticed this after sports at school in the showers:icon_redf

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In a physical sense, in your late Teens, in a emotional sense, for Guys anyway, we always remain Boys, it's when we finally grow up, that we have become old & it will be time for the Pipe & Slippers Lol :slight_smile:

10. ScatteredEarth

If you want to get technical.. Females are said to 'mature' at a younger age than males in terms of going through puberty and developing maternal instincts. The average age for puberty in males is somewhere between 13-17 with the occasional 12 and on rare occasions 21 has been the latest reported time a person has reached the final stages of puberty. As for mental maturity.. That greatly varies in people. There are those that think rationally and 'maturely' at a younger age whilst there are others that tend to take a few more years to grow out of their 'childish' state of mind.

11. Hrantou

My family always told me that I was a man when I could drink, got laid every night, worked out everyday, stopped playing video games (never ever happening), and got my own place when i eventually knock up a girl. I mean that's all I ever get from what they tell me. :dry: Since I reject mostly all of that, I guess ill never be a man :frowning2:

Hahah. My story aside, it differs for many people. I know many women who say they become mature and adults when they get married and have kids. I know some men who say its when they have a good job and can support themselves. Its different for everybody.

But physically, its when your body stops growing in your 20s :thumbsup:

12. timo

Maturity is overrated.

13. Naren

In my opinion, girls become women when they start wishing they were younger instead of older. Boys/men I have no clue.

14. ASR29

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Im not sure when a girl becomes a woman, because i am not one. I feel like i became a man when i stopped lying to myself and accepting who I really am. Physically i became a man at puberty. Emotionally it was much later for me. I always knew i was gay, but i chose to ignore it for so long. But to answer your question i think i became a man the minute i could admit who I really am without fear.

15. Night

Night Guest

I personally believe it's when someone chooses to acknowledge that they are a man/woman.

Which can be never, early on, later on, etc.

16. saint rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    girls become women if they become responsible on their acts!

17. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I never want to grow up :slight_smile: untl I am read my last rites, then maybe I might consider it, for a second :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. We become adults when we accept our responsibilities to the fullest.