1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well This is Weird!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have just checked out my FB & I have got a Friend Request, now the request is from a Guy that I have never heard of before, I clicked on his name to check him out, now this is where it gets weird :eek:

1) The Guy Lives in India.
    2) The Guy is a Devout Muslim.
    3) We have no mutual Friends in common.
    4) He has over 200 Friends & none of them are from the West.
    5) All his Friends have Asian Names.

So I am Confused, I have a Irish Surname & nothing in common with this Guy whatsoever :confused: I am not out on FB & the Guys got Declarations to Allah on his wall, so why has he sent me a Friend Request?

Do I accept him or not, I have never turned down a Friend Request before, it's not in my nature :confused:

2. OhSOCurious

You shouldn't add people you don't know. But it's good not to be judge mental at the same time. Before accepting see if you can send him a message asking him how he knows you.
    Who knows, maybe your family is exotic and secretive :wink:

3. LinkLarkin

I've occasionally had completely random friend requests like that, and I've definitely seen other people on my friends list complaining about the same thing (and the person in question who's added them is always Muslim, funny that).

I don't know necessarily how tidy you keep your friends list but I prefer to keep it to just people I know in real life, the absolute most distant I will accept is a friend of a friend (and even then it's usually just to keep our mutual friend happy). So I always ignore those random friend requests, but if you have other facebook friends you don't know personally then go for it. I'm generally just a bit concerned about how people find my account when we have no mutual friends or interests. :dead:

#3 LinkLarkin, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  4. KingdomKeyDK

Who knows? Gosh, I would just not do anything with it. Just. Leave his friend request alone. If I got one like that, I wouldn't friend him or reject him. He probably accidentally sent a friend request to you.

5. Sarcastic Luck

Just reject it.

6. Hrantou

I do that with people I have no relation to whatsoever. Just don't accept or reject...just kinda leave it there. Me personally, I don't want people I don't know looking at my photos or what I post cause I have no idea why they even friended me in the first place. Its too shady for me.

7. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Deny! I personally don't accept anybody I've never heard of before.

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2013 at 05:07 PM ----------

or rather "Not Now." Stupid Facebook dismissed the deny button, now you have to delete the friend request permanently.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't know who the person is, don't accept the friend request. Decline the request. :slight_smile:

9. smartsunny

i actually feel meeting pple out of the blue like that is interesting... but thats just me

10. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

My guess is he sent it to you by mistake. If you absolutely must know what's going on, I believe you can message me people on FB without being friends with them, but that's almost certainly going to be more trouble than it's worth. I would just deny it.

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah I've had request from people from across the world in random places, and we have no relations what so ever.

Just ignore his request if you feel bad declining, some people who add you randomly don't even talk to you so whats the point in adding them.

12. George

Yeah I've had the same thing happen to me on a couple occasions. I have no idea what compels people to send these requests, but I assume their intent to be malicious so I always ignore them.

13. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can do this; however, the message would go to his Other box and not his Inbox since there is do direct connection i.e mutual friends. Unless DB wants to pay $1 (idk what $1 is equiv. to in pounds), the message would go to the person's Other folder.

14. Hexagon

I get this kind of thing from time to time. I either reject or accept, depending on my mood.

15. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, don't accept him. Sometimes I get weird requests from people I've never heard of, we have no mutual friends, and I never accept them.

16. Foxface

whenever I get random invites I always send a message "How do I know you?"

Never get a reply...then I reject

Foxface

17. Perseus

Dublin, all I can say is that this would be quite risky... Be careful (*hug*)

18. Harve

Oh have you not had these requests before? I used to get so many from East African countries and I have no idea how they found me!

I admit that I normally accept friend requests, even if I don't know who they are, as long as they 'seem real' we have at least a few mutual friends. Nothing bad can come of it so it's no big deal.

19. Beware Of You

I never accept a request from someone I don't know.

I dont really like facebook anymore, I only have it because of other people.

I have had some LDS people and Muslims trying to convert people by facebook and the like.

20. RainbowMan

I get friend requests like that all the time. The problem is that I'm fairly well known in an open source community, so I accept most of them, but I'm relatively careful about what I put out on FB for people that aren't personally known to me to see.

I'm not out on FB either (or to the open source folks, except one person who is gay himself)