1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Moly ( I think this can go here)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by johnny11, May 9, 2008.

1. johnny11

So , for the past couple week I've been having dreams about me coming out . I don't know if this is normal , but it seems like they are really vivid , so I guess I was just wondering if there was anyone else who has ever ad had "coming out " dreams.

2. Tim

Tim

I did, but that was back a while ago, I just figured they were normal, and shrugged them off :3

3. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I probably had loads while growing up, I tend to forget most dreams

One that I had before I came out sticks out at the moment. I was organising the school play which had a gay character in it, and from this I assumed everyone would realise I was gay, and I was so nervous because my family and friends were in the audience. Before it started I took my best friend aside and told him I was gay, he didn't say anything, he just kissed me on the cheek (which was really weird). Then later, after everyone had seen the play, my other best friend came up to me and asked me if I was gay (based on the play), I said yeah, and he then kissed me on the cheek too. I spent the rest of the dream avoiding my family because I didn't want them to kiss me

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dreams often have meanings (at least that's what I believe) but they're not necessarily what they seem on the surface: It has to be what the dream means to *you* not what the dream means as a thing that played through your head. What was the dream about? I wanna see if I can dissect it for you... (if that's ok with you of course)

5. halfy

i haven't had any coming out dreams as such (that i can remember clearly anyway); but i have had a dream about my crush that i think had quite a bit of meaning to it.

basically i was travelling around my village doing odd jobs like shopping etc and everywhere i went i bumped into my crush. (let's call her K). anyway, at one point i just get back to my house where i see K walking down my street (which is weird as K doesn't live anywhere near me). so i invite her to my dad's barbeque which is going on in the back garden. also her sister M happens to be there for some reason.

anyway, i go up to talk to her in my garden a few times and then at one point i go upto her and she says:

K "For god's sake halfy, will you stop following me around?!!"

me "i'm not following you around"

K "you've been following me around all day"

me "no i haven't"

K "i'm going now. come on M, let's go!"

me "ok you have to go this way to leave"

K "just leave me alone!!"

so then K and M try to leave my garden through the back but it's an enclosed garden so you can only get in through the house or ginnel.

me "you can't get out that way, you have to go this way"

K "trust me, i'll find a way out".

me "there is no way out there, you have to go the other way"

K "no i'm going this way, i'll find a way out"

me "look, if you want to leave you can't get out this way"

then i woke up. i really didn't like this dream for obvious reasons, and also it was one of those dreams that seemed so real. i can't remember the exact words but it went something like that. personally i think it was to do with the fact when me and K were at work, i would find almost any excuse to go over and talk to her. i would also watch her walking around the unit. so i think the dream basically meant "stop harassing K". any thoughts?

6. johnny11

Well They're all kind of different . Like the one last night I barely remember , but I think I was in my sisters room , and I was like "Um <Insert my sisters name> I don't really know how to tell you this , but I like boys " , and then she just kind of walked away like I didn't say anything.

Then I had a dream that I was telling my best friend <insert best friend's name> that I was in love with him ( I'm not , I mean he's more like my brother ) , so that was kinda weird.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recall one. And it was odd. And VERY vivid.

I was in this weird round tunnel. Perhaps the sewers if there was no sewage there. And sitting right in the middle was a couple of messy desks. I was looking at some of the things on the desks - one was a small "captain's wheel" statue given as an award for something or other. While looking them over, a shortish black anthropomorphic cat (see below) came over to me and said, "Excuse me - I just have to write a note." He scribbled something on a Post-it pad, and then left. I read the note, and it said something like "I can't do this anymore."

While I'm reading it, in walk the Swat Kats. (Swat Kats was a rather obscure cartoon from the 90s. If you care, here's the info.) They're chatting a bit, laughing, and then they spot me. I say, "Uh, there's a note here for you." One of them - Jake, the scrawny one - reads the note, tosses it down, and storms down the tunnel. He gets to some door in the side of the tunnel, turns to us, and screams "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE THE ONLY GAY CARTOON CHARACTER?!?!" Then he walks through the door and slams it shut.

I look at the other kat (Chance) and say, "Uh, what's that about?" Chance just sort of sadly shakes his head. I slowly walk down to where the door is. I'm about to knock when the door opens, and Jake steps out wearing these old faded red corduroy overalls. He's obviously been crying. I say, "Uh, I heard what you said. And, uh, I know what you mean. I'm gay, too." He smiles a bit through his tears, then gives me a big hug and whispers "Thank you." I woke up at that point.

Two further bits of weirdness. Jake is most certainly NOT gay on the show. And at that point, I had seen the show precisely once...almost two years before I had the dream.

Random. :slight_smile:

Lex

8. biisme

that is rather insane. i have weird dreams all the time.

and...is coming out on your mind? our dreams are there to help us work through our troubles and our subconscious.

9. Peridot

Hahahahahaha!

Wow. Sorry, I believe dreams have meanings but not ALL dreams.
    Like, the other day I dreamed I traded my dog for a pet, mutated fire ant and it bit me.
    I most likely had that dream because I saw a fire ant commercial that killed fire ants and I was like "No! That's so mean!"
    Haha. I also had pudding RIGHT before I went to sleep.

Who knows, though?
    Might mean something about my dog. I have no idea.

But, unfortunetly, my friend keeps having frequent dreams of me dying in car crashes/getting hit by cars/etc. Can anyone interpret that?

#9 Peridot, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Johnny: the first dream (about your sister) - I think it probably means either 1.) you're afraid that if you come out, she just won't care at all and will pass it off as something completely not worth hearing about. Or 2.) You think it'll be easy to come out because she won't judge you for it. But it depends what the dream means to *you*. It could mean something different for everyone - those interperetations are just what *I'm* getting from it.

The 2nd dream - telling someone you're in love with them in a dream doesn't mean you're in love with them in real life, so maybe your best friend was just a figure representative of the emotion 'true love' because one day you're going to tell someone you love them.

Peridot: Doesn't sound like your friend's having very happy dreams. Perhaps she cares about you so much that (s)he's (you didn't specify a gender) worried (s)he might lose you, or something bad'll happen that will end your friendship. I must admit, that's a bit extreme for just friendship (maybe (s)he's secretly crushing on you LOL). Again it's up to her and what the dreams mean to *her/him*.

11. Peridot

Well, it's not that extreme for she (Yes, it's a she) is my best friend. We've been best friends since I was four, and we've always been together even though she is two years older than me. She's just like my older sister.

Thank you for the interpretation, Heatqueen. I really appreciate it.

My friend recently told me she was going to ask her teacher at school about it (cause apparently, her teacher interprets dreams for her students. That's a first for me).

Thank you, again.
    By the way, how did you research to learn how to interpret dreams? I would really like to know, cause I would love to learn how on topics such as those.

12. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read this thread last night and at the time I couldn't think of any dreams related to coming out, but that night I had one:

To keep it short, two friends and I were playing a video game, and I'm out to only one of them. One of the characters in the game was an attractive guy, and I was contemplating saying "He's out" out loud. I must have been horny, because I felt really attracted to that video game character :lol: . I think I even got an adrenaline rush during the dream.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>One of the characters in the game was an attractive guy, and I was contemplating saying "He's out" out loud. I must have been horny, because I felt really attracted to that video game character.

Apparently, you accidentally entered the "homo cheat code". A-A-B-B-left-right-up-up-left-right-B-B-A-start-right. Makes a random character gay (and hot). :slight_smile:

Lex

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Peridot: Spirituality runs in the family (from my mum's side); however I didn't learn the dreams from her. I'm not really sure how I did learn, I think it must have been from reading various things on the internet, as well as various books...one particularly good one is 'Angel answers' by Diana Cooper, she's a bestselling author, but it's not really about dreams, more about angels and stuff.

15. Peridot

Yeah, I think I've heard about that lady.
    I'm really into spirituality and stuff. I usually get it from the internet and books, too.
    Thanks, though. I'll check out the book sometime.

16. OneHatMadder

Nah. When I was in the closet I was content but then I came out as soon as I wanted to. Never really had a chance.

17. Hepcat

I've had dreams of coming out, though that was when I was 16, none that I can remember since then.