1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creepypasta

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LinkLarkin, Jul 29, 2013.

1. LinkLarkin

Hi everyone,

By popular demand in the WAYT? thread, this thread is for everybody to discuss and trade stories about their favourite creepypastas!

Definitely not for the faint hearted :badgrin:

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Just finished reading Strangled Red. About to try Lost Silver. I've only just started getting into Creepy Pastas myself, only one I'm familiar with is Ben Drowned.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sonic.exe, Tails Doll Curse, Polybrius, The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing. All of them really good. I reject the Pony creepypastas though! Such cuteness should not be turned into evil. I saw like a minute of "Cupcakes" and was highly disturbed. :lol:

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What'd you think of Strangled Red?
    Lost Silver is a good one.

------------------------------------
    Typically, if you see an adjective proceeding a color and it's in respect to pokemon then chances are it'd be good. There's a reader that I really like but I can't remember his Youtube channel :eusa_doh: I'll link it later.

#4 Randy, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  5. LinkLarkin

I really like the "Buried Alive Model" one for Pokemon, but yeah "Lost Silver" is pretty cool. I've also just read up on the "Lavender Town Syndrome", that's interesting.

What other ones do I like? My favourites are "lost episode" creepypastas, including but not limited to "Dead Bart", "Squidward's Suicide" and "Suicide Mouse".

In terms of general ones, "Slenderman" is pretty cool - goes without saying. One of my favourites is "Candle Cove" - it isn't downright terrifying but it does get under your skin when you think about it afterwards. Oh, and the one that got me into creepypastas in the first place: "Smile.jpg".

:badgrin:

6. Hexagon

What on earth is creepypasta?

7. Sarcastic Luck

Short stories with the intent to creep you out.

8. LinkLarkin

Stories that got passed around the internet and shared between everybody on various forums and by email and things became known as "copypastas", so when it became popular to write short horror stories for the enjoyment of the good people of the internet, the term "creepypasta" was coined. :icon_bigg

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the YouTube channel that I really like is Mah-Dry-Bread. He has 40 creepypasta reading videos and within his reading he 1) reads it (duh) and 2) offers his comments. Some are stupid, some are good, few are great!!

10. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anyone ever heard of "The Theater"? It's a really good one honestly and there's a game for it.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not ashamed to say I'm an elitist when it comes to Creepypasta. I technically heard the stories back when I was a little kid, but I didn't become emursed (sp?) in the community until I was in high school when a friend introduced me to Candle Cove, my favorite pasta and Marble Hornets. I started writing pastas from then on really. I call myself an elitist because I'm one of those "Creepypasta Snobs" you hear about that beat down Slenderman, Jack the Killer, most gaming pastas and lost episode pastas.

I call myself such because I find most pastas today to be cliched, overrated and honestly not well written, and I've gone on record to say my stuff is pretty mediocre and lacking "a little creepy sauce". Most of the lost episode and gaming pastas I read follow the same formula and are cookie cutters. Aside from Pokemon Black and Haunted Majora's Mask, I haven't found a video game pasta that I liked.

The same can be said for lost episode pastas. Candle Cove is really the only one I can think of that's unique. Everything else is pretty much the same, with Squidward's Suicide and Red Mist being pretty much the same thing. If you look at the Lost Ed Edd and Eddy episode next to the Lost Recess episode, they're the same thing just with different characters. Also, pretty much every lost episode pasta out there, not exaggerating, involves "hyper-realism", suicide and missing kids. Hey, just calling it like I see it.

I used to be really into Marble Hornets, but now that it's just this big sensation; I'm falling out of it. Yeah call me a hipster, but I was cool with Marble Hornets before most people knew what Creepypasta was. Besides, I'm not a big fan of memes going mainstream...or almost the entire community taking the concept of something creepy and turning it into something cutesy and "kawaii". It's like the people that try to make serial killers look like cuddly bunnies. You don't do it.

The same for me goes with Jeff the Killer. At first glace, it's not bad. Honestly to me, it's really just mediocre if you think about it. I'd leave it at that, but the community has RUINED Jeff the Killer, and if you've seen that tag on Tumblr then you know what I'm talking about. If not, be thankful you don't know. I can't go into the Creepypasta tag without some 16 year old girl trying to make Jeff into this "kawaii" cuddly thing. As I said with Slenderman, you don't bastardize "the night". No. Just no. I don't hate Jeff the Killer, let me just get that out there. I feel that he's become overrated and like with Slenderman, are overshadowing other pieces of CP that deserve time in the limelight. I don't "hate" Jeff because I feel it's a rather mediocre pasta. Far from that. There are other reasons for me to loathe a pasta. Most of my disapproval for it is because of the fans.

[​IMG]

12. UndercoverGypsy

I hear that Goatman isn't bad. I've read a few others, but can't recall the names.

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Candle Cove is great. In fact most of what Kris Straub does is really good. His new cosmic horror comic strip Broodhollow just wrapped up its first volume and it's worth checking out.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kris is pretty cool. He commented on a Candle Cove story I wrote a few years ago, as well as Tales of the Laughingstock; a really great sequel to my pasta that a fan of mine and Kris made. I had plans on doing a short film adaptation of Tales with the writer, but I don't know if it's going to happen or not. I would love to have Kris be apart of it.

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

Hmm, haven't heard of Goatman so I can't really say much about it.

15. LinkLarkin

Oh don't worry about offending me, I fully agree with you that they're cliched, poorly written and formulaic (and the hyperrealism is just bullshit)! I still just get a thrill out of reading them because I know some of the games/TV shows well, so even if I can guess how the story's going to play out, it still gets under my skin reading about it happen to all of these characters that occupied my childhood (and still occupy my life now, in the case of The Simpsons for example).

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As cliched as it feels, I have a special place in my heart for Dead Bart. I think it's because it's one of the pastas that introduced me to the community. I'll probably cut back on being a hardass when the writers get more creative instead of making "copy pastas". Sure there's a thrill, but it's not as fun to read something that feels familiar.

17. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

^^^This. With a few exceptions, a lot of them wouldn't be worth reading/watching if it weren't for the pow-right-in-the-childhood factor.

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

'Dead Bart' makes me think of Dark Homer:

Gunshow - Simponss
    Gunshow - Simponss2
    Gunshow - Simponss3
    Gunshow - Simponss4

And now I'm done hijacking this thread to peddle webcomics.

18. PurpleRain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always just think of creepypastas as stories to read when you need to be creeped out for a while. I'd like to write them, but I need to get myself in the mood to do something like that and lately I just haven't been feeling in that mood to write at all.

19. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I love Creepypasta's, and I read them quite often,
    especially when I'm in my bed at night, it just makes it that more creepy.
    Hard to choose a favorite though. From the ones I remember at this time I really liked;
    Smile.JPG, Candle Cove, Mister Widemouth, Psychosis, Bedtime, The Rake, and some others.

I think one of the last ones I read was "Abandoned by Disney".
    It was really good and especially one of my favorites. (And I'm a huge Disney fan!)
    "Hey, wanna see my head come off?"
    Some creepy stuff there. I could actually hear it in Mickey's voice in my head..