1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning 20...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shamrockmut93, Jul 29, 2013.

1. It sucks. I'm too old to be a teenager, yet still too young to be an adult. This is such a joke, it pisses me off to no end.

2. theMaverick

Well...make the best of it. I'm about to turn 25 and I've wasted the first half of my twenties because I didn't feel like I was an adult...the only way to be an adult is to act like one, and in your 20's there is so much for you to do so do it now and do it well because you'll be playing catch up at 25 if you don't...

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the UK & Ireland, you are Legally a Adult, when you turn 18 :slight_smile:

4. MrBrightside

You're an adult at 16 in Scotland :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We just have to be different :wink:

5. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just turned 20 recently too! *high fives*

6. Dalmatian

Adult is a state of mind. I know far too many "adults"...

You don't need to be an adult. You are twenty, so be twenty. Enjoy yourself, really, there's enough time to be all grown up.

And yes, here in Croatia you are also fully legally considered an adult at eighteen.

7. theMaverick

This is a really good point. Eventually you'll have bills to pay and blah blah blah blah blah so enjoy it while you can, that's what I'm doing while I'm in school.

8. Tell me about it, I'm so jealous of you guys. I got to be an adult myself living in France this past year, but then I come back to my own country and I'm treated like a child. Never mind that I went abroad by my own means and held down an internship, in my country, privilege comes with age rather than responsibility. Anyway, I'm technically an adult, but people my age are still treated like kids.

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2013 at 02:01 PM ----------

Point taken, but I meant that I can't go out and have fun. Our drinking culture has ruined a lot for young people in my country, we're limited to college clubs and places that cater to 18-20 year-olds. But by all means, as soon as we turn 21 we're practically encouraged to go out and get drunk. It's bullshit.

9. Idek1204

I am hearing you, bro.

I'm 19 and completely freaking out about being 20.

I feel like being 19-20 is a lost age.
    Because 18 is a big age
    and 21 is a big age
    but what is 19/20?

(I'm from the UK so 18 is legal to drink and gamble and shit. Well we can shit at any age but you get my drift. But yet we still see 21 as an "adult)

Is 19 and 20 an adult?
    Or what is it?
    Is it a teenager?

21 is a young adult?
    18 is a teenager
    What am I?
    What are we?

(PS I'm drunk and feel a song coming on here so just gonna sing softly to myself for a while)

10. George

Ah, I remember having similar anxiety when I was turning 20 a few years ago. Really 18-22 is just a big transition period from teenager to adult. During those main college years you can legitimately jump back and forth between the titles depending on what you are doing. In my case, I didn't begin to fully consider myself an adult until I was 22. That was when I moved out of my parents house and became financially independent.

My advice: Who cares about titles, just enjoy you early 20s because they will pass by quicker than you might think. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Cheers! I would drink with you but I ran out of stuff :dry: my parents sure as hell don't care if I drink but I'm not gonna ask them to do a liquor run for me, that feels weird.

12. srslywtf

Might I say, make the most of not being expected to be responsible while you still can! :lol: