1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real life? Or EC? :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Perseus

"Nowadays, nobody really cares unless you're attractive, rich, famous or dead."

It is kind of true in real life. But I don't believe that people on EC are like this. We're like a family who cares about each other. I love every single person here because all of you are very special. You guys help me through my hardest problems while I try hard to help everyone else too. EC is one of the best places in the world where ever can care for and accept each other. I love you all! Thank you for being there for me :slight_smile: I have also gained a lot of self confidence and trust in myself for accepting who I am. I am happy and proud of who I am, not like the old me who was ashamed and shy. I have changed a lot since I've meet my great friends on EC. I want to let me true colours shine through.

People nowadays seem to forget about the world around us when we are privileged to have what we have now. I admit that sometimes I am a selfish individual but I still care about others. I don't want the world to continue this way. We need to care about the people who need help, who are struggling to survive. To help the people who aren't as lucky as we are. I want to do everything to live the most out of my life and help all the people I can.

But what do you think about this quote? Is it true?

2. LD579

I think the world is neither sugary sweet nor bitter beyond comprehension. It's something in between... and lots of the time one can choose which he/she wants to experience, in some way, at least.

As for that quote, I think it's decidedly false. =)

Also, moods and attitudes can be contagious. I think EC is a great example of this. I also think the staff play a large and major role in that, but I think we all contribute to the atmosphere. So thank you, EC staff. =)

3. treeofleaves

unfortunatly i think that the wuote is true for some people. i have some friends that have som every high standards and are only interested in people who are good looking, smart, rich nice and everything else. i just hope that they can lower there standards and realize they will probably never met the perfect human being - because everyone has there flaws and some people just dont seem to get that.
    Everyone here on EC are defiantly a great bunch of really supportive people. but i think there are definatly a lot of people still like that..but sometimes i think people grow up to be open minded..which is why i wouldnt judge teenagers so much..because i think sometimes growing up is a realization of a lot of things..any way i have written way too much then i should have :kiss:

:bang:

4. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that quote has some validity in it. There are plenty hard-working people, gentle souls are are condemned into poverty or homelessness, there are orphaned wandering souls who haven't a home spiritually or physically yet no one knows about them or people care about them to a lesser extent then other unimportant issues like celebrity pregnancies. etc...

So I guess you can say bring rich, famous, beautiful, powerful or dead will attract more attention or 'care'.

The problem probably is because we humans lack the capacity to care for everyone and treat everyone as equals. So it's just cycle of people just wanting to be the top dog without necessarily thinking about those below them. I'm probably a perpetrator of actions like that as well.

5. FreeFlow9917

The real world is different than EC, EC is full of like minded individulals who don't give a shit about the perks, but the person wih the perks. Sure, we are sometimes belligerent and mean, but we are human, we ae bound to mistakes.

Everyone wears a mask in true life, EC gives me a chance to be me and not to be a De Niro of straight acting, ec gives me a chance to take off the mask and to express myself like N.W.A.

We also have different stances on religion and politics, but we don't push others into our beliefs, we handle situations like adults and we help others with problems. We may not agree with everything but hey, we handle it better than the real world.

6. ScatteredEarth

It's true to an extent. While there are alot of people who have obnoxiously high standards, some of them tend to lower the bar as they start to realize that even if a person like that was to exist, they would probably not want the other's flaws.

I know exactly how you feel when it comes to being on the site. I have never been more confident with my sexuality! Through this site I have been able to come out to four people, two of them close family members, and I have gotten a boyfriend from the site as well. The world has alot to offer. More than most of us might think. It's when we explore the vast area that is our world that we start to find more things open up for us.

((Actually reading this post has shocked me. We as Americans are really losing the ball in terms of education it seems. What with Vietnamese and Swiss teens knowing more about the English language than some of the native speakers here.))

7. 2112

It's definitely true in the media. Somewhat true in normal life.
    I know a lot of bigger "sophisticated" smart sounding words, but I don't use them when I'm talking to people because no one else does and I feel like it would seem a little pretentious compared to how simple most people talk. I'm sure that's how it is for most people. I think it says more about American culture than education, although we are a little behind in education too.

8. ScatteredEarth

That may be true, but sometimes it's just disappointing to see what's happening to our country. But education does have a lot to do with the stupidity of youth nowadays. People have gotten so used to just using the bare minimum in terms of communication.

9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I donĀ“t think nobody cares. There are still pictures and news that touch people. Big time.
    There are still people helping the sick, weaker, and the poor. Run to aid when there is an accident (although there are many more that just want to film bloody scenes to put on youtube or something).
    People that stand up for people that get harrassed.
    People that hug strangers who cry.

I see it all around me in real life.
    But maybe it depends on were you are.

10. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if it's where I live or my attitude towards people, but I don't see that very often. I constantly see people who aren't rich, famous, or particularly attractive laughing, talking, and forming friendships together. Different areas and different establishments will have their own rules, though.

I think I'm one of few people who finds the offline world preferable to the online one, too.

11. enigmeow

Why anon hookup apps are so popular. You desperately run for the bedroom to avoid having to actually talk to the person...

12. Capsaicin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :confused2:

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I definitely have people I care about that are none of those things so it can't apply to everyone~

14. RainbowMan

I think that it somewhat applies to the offline world. I'm certainly not good looking (just look at the photos that I've posted in my album recently!) and don't consider myself rich, therefore nobody gives a hoot about me.

On EC though, we're all family here, and treat each other accordingly. While I'm sure it's happened, I've never seen an instance (OK, maybe I have come to think of it....but it's exceedingly rare) where tempers have flared so out of control that a mod has to close a thread, or anything of the like.

Again, like others here, I <3 EC, and thank the staff for everything that they do to keep it running smoothly! :grin: