1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotting fellow LGBT members?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LilBlueLC, Jul 30, 2013.

1. LilBlueLC

Hey EC! So today I was in town school shopping with my mom, and we stopped at Arby's for lunch. The girl at the window was wearing a necklace that had rainbow beads with PRIDE inbetween them. :grin: Man that just made my day! (!) She's the first person I've ever seen with any LGBT merchandise. Feels awesome to see somebody else from the community!

So, have you guys had any experiences like that? How does it feel seeing family? If you wear your colors has anyone noticed you? Share your story!

Thanks! :icon_bigg

2. Allie23

Allie23 Guest

I don't really wear anything that I would consider LGBT merchandise because I'm not really out... but when I do see others who wear it, it makes me feel envious of their courage.

3. biggayguy

There's a male nurse here at the rehab center that has very feminine gestures and voice. There have several times I'll be watching a musical or something like The Bird Cage and he says "I just love that movie!!!" It's not any one thing that says he's gay. It's dozens of little things that say it. The last thing I want to do is out him at work but he is extremely obvious.

4. A Madd Nobody

Sadly... i havent. There is like one other gay guy at my school and im pretty sure he isnt very fond of me. Does seeing two guys kiss on the sidewalk count?

5. coreyl13

On my days off I wear a rainbow bracelet I have a couple different ones. I'm not out at work its not really the environment to do so. On my work days ill wear purple, a purple shirt with my purple bracelet and everyday I bring my purple cup I mean somebody has to notice.
    When I go out I make a point at advertising perse I mean I am single sooo I have to make it known.
    I don't see too many people well men anyways doing this. Females wear rainbow all the time.
    I do notice the ring on index finger and I associate that with possibly being gay.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw two guys together on the bus a few weeks ago, and one of them wore a thin rainbow bracelet. I felt I could have told they were gay without it, but the bracelet confirmed it.

7. There's a guy in Express who's really flamboyant and he was like,"So I'm going out with my bf tonight...." and that was enough to know.

I wear LGBT merch at times. I wore my GSA t-shirt 2012-13 and the main message on the front says,"Love Knows No Gender." and that might drop a clue.

8. Lindsey23

I agree. I'm envious that they are living the life I wish I could live...

9. Hrantou

I wish I was brave enough to wear stuff like that. But since my town is practically famous for being conservative and behind the times, I'm too scared to.

But every so often I see a rainbow bracelet. I saw a guy at my college wear a purple "LEGALIZE GAY" shirt once. That's about it.

10. 2112

I see about 5 or 6 every day at school. Other than that, no one that was obvious.

11. GayTornado

I had a transgender substitute teacher today, does that count? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wear My Rainbow Bracelets every day, at home. at work & when visiting family & friends, when was at work, a openly Gay Guy noticed my Bracelet, I have since come out to him as I consider him a friend as well, I was on a Bus when I got up & this Guy, who I suspect was Gay, was starring at my Bracelet :slight_smile:

13. biggayguy

I wore out my Equality Ohio t-shirt. I need another one.

14. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I would probably wear more colorful clothing if not for how I am perceived. I wore a purple scarf and mittens to work last winter and was clearly getting made fun of by the guys at work. It sucks that it is easier to just wear normal guy clothes.

15. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been in the biggest gay village on earth with my parents (when I was in da pantry)
    So yea,I saw the gays once