1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you stand on Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Where do you stand on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

1. Israel

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Palestine

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Undecided/Neutral

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Other (state below)

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. *the

I always wonder how LGBT people stand on it. I can understand both sides and am therefore undecided.

Also, are there any gay people that support Palestine despite the fact that Palestinian territories have laws against homosexuality while Israel is seen as pro-gay?

2. Beware Of You

I believe that both sides are equally flawed. The only way out will be a two state solution.

Israel should not be building in Palestine and Hamas should not be launching missiles into Tel-Aviv

3. MerBear

I dont know what your talking about so i can't have an opinion

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People will take stands, arguments to follow....

Same merry go-round, different horse. This is an (almost) intractable problem, complex beyond any one person's ability to comprehend...dreading what follows...

5. AAASAS

I'm on the Palestinian side, the way Israel was set up was wrong and it is no wonder the conflict continues, especially with the way Israel treats Palestinians. Though I am no advocate for a muslim state, or any church affiliated state, Palestine isn't in the exact wrong, though Israel at least is a little more progressive society wise.

If I had to live in either one it would be Israel, but my sympathy really only goes to Palestinians.

There are a lot of areas in the world with similar conflicts but not one that is U.S and Nato backed making the fight a little Biased, only thing I could think of that is similar is the Kosovo and Serbia conflict, though it is a little bit different, same with the Serbian and Bosnian wars, similar conflict over land, one side completely back by Western powers with little voice going to the other side.

It's none of my business what goes on there, as long as it doesn't effect Canada, I couldn't care less, but when innocent people are killed, and Western powers get involved, then it kind of becomes my business. Luckily Canada isn't that active in Israel.
    Though we do help the country, we don't fund them as much as the U.S does.

6. Nick07

Israel. Just like my whole country, including all politicians.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

It was a big mistake to give land that contained the holy sites of 3 violent religions, to one group to rule. Especially considering the fact that that group was only a minority there at the time.

So Israel should be replaced by a multiethnic Palestine, with Jerusalem and holy sites internationalized and overseen by the UN.

8. Techno Kid

I think that both sides are wrong here. Israel should not be building in Palestine land and Palestine should not be attacking Israel (Israel should also not be attacking Palestine).

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it seems like the Palestinians, although they haven't always chosen the best methods to express their beliefs, are mostly in the right on this. The Israelis came into their lands, kicked them out of their homes, and now relegate them to live as second-class citizens in their own country. I don't care that Israelis had it first - it has been Palestinian for hundreds of years, you don't get to turn that sort of thing aside based on ancient historical claims.

10. Hexagon

I generally support the palestinians, but not absolutely. They really should stop bombing israel, for one. But the best solution now would just be the two state one.

I always thought they should have put israel somewhere else. That is mostly a joke, but putting israel back where it was supposed to be was always going to provoke its neighbors. Shoulda put it in europe or something.

11. Hun

Hun

That was the original plan, actually. Both the Israelis and Palestinians gave a firm no to that proposal. I doubt things would have changed.

12. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both sides are wrong. Though I have more problems with Israel than Palestine. Mostly because Israel is heavily funded by the US government, uses it's military to strong-arm the surrounding countries, and took land that did not belong to them. It was wrong. A lot of Israeli people live in very nice homes while a lot of Palestinians live in refugee camps because Israel's border is still expanding and they have no where to go. It is also very concerning to me that Israel has so many nuclear weapons. They're the biggest threat in the middle-east and they know it, so they force people to go along with their policies using the threat of nuclear warfare. I don't agree with the way Palestine and other middle-eastern governments treat they're people, but that's no reason to take land from underneath them and force innocent people to suffer.

13. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    everything palestine has done is in self-defence, israel on the other hand is a genocidal apartheid state

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Palestine has territorial rights that Israel willingly ignores, but Palestine and Hamas committ many barbarous acts, as do the Israelis, and both are generally prejudiced.

#14 Aussie792, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  15. Hun

Hun

Sending bombs across the border does not seem very self defense-y to me.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on the anti-genocide side.

17. Hexagon

Uh... which side is that?

18. Being Jewish, Israel generally, but both sides have faults. Let the be a two-state solution. Yes there are many Israelis who are racist and hate the Palestinians, but I think their prejudiceis fueled by the uncivilized ways that terrorists try to get their message across: killing children and bombing buses full of innocents is not going to gain you any sympathy from the people you are trying to get "emancipated" from. Bottom line is that Israel should not be building near Palestinian territory, to avoid conflict, and Palestinians should not keep voting extremist groups like Hamas into power, when the group will then send bomb over the border.

19. FJ Cruiser

That's pretty much the point...

Right now, Israel is the one who grants citizenship to both ethnic groups (Israel is 25% Muslim), whereas Palestine won't even recognize the other nation as existing while it chucks bombs over the border. The Ashkenazi Jews basically bought Israel with their influence in Western Nations, and now they're abusing their power with a group that refuses to integrate over 70 years later and has terrorist groups lead them because of it.

Israel is the rich, snobby kid runs home to Daddy USA anytime it does something wrong (and takes advantage of it), and Palestine is like the scrawny bully who won't accept reality and does nothing to improve his status with people other than play the victim card to bleeding hearts. Both sides are right and wrong.

Israel is the child of ethnic conflict, and whether or not it should have been set up to begin with doesn't matter because we're way past that point now. Israel should give up its petty superiority complex and the US should stop the aid so that the nation might actually be accountable for something. And Palestine should welcome itself into the 21st fucking Century and be civil. I personally advocate for a one-state solution because separate has never meant equal.

20. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I'm on pacifist side, with is composed by israelis and palestinians.