1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could not believe it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nikkig, May 10, 2008.

1. nikkig

nikkig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could not believe it,my fiance Chase was picked on by two 13 year old boys.My fiance is a little person and he got angry.It all started when we went to the grocery shopping this morning,when they started laughing at him and called him a midget.My fiance got angry and told them to stop which they did not.I did confront them and told them that he is a person born this way,they judged him.Luckily their parents were there and told them they are grounded and chose a punishment.One punishment is that they have to go to one of his seminars on what he was born with,Dwarfism.I do not use the words Midget or Dwarf to describe him.I describe him as a little person which he likes and he is very happy about that.I was taught not to judge anyone and accept the way people are and the way they were born.

2. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like he's lucky to have you :icon_bigg
    I also wouldn't worry too much about what young teenagers say...When I was in middle school everyone was mean for no reason at all. I regret a lot of things I said/did at that age. But I know a lot of people grow and become better people because of their stupidness at a young age. If anyone else gives you trouble just carry around a squirt bottle full of water and hot sauce and spray their eyes. Problem solved! :icon_bigg

3. Jeimuzu

They're 13. When I was thirteen, I was fascinated by people who didn't fit into my typical worldview. I didn't comprehend that it was an unfair disability if I saw a little person.

Now, I understand that the world is bigger and more varied than I can imagine.

4. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Can't really expect 13 year old kids to be mature as they are still at a learning stage.

But good to hear that you told them what you had to and hopefully those kids will learn.

5. nikkig

nikkig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He went through this his whole life being tormented becuase he is a little person at 4" 12 inches.He is very lucky to have me in his life and our friends see us as a couple helping each other out.His family likes me for not judging him and knowing he was born this way.My fiance and I do watch Little People Big World on TLC together and I see him as a person born this way.Their parents were not happy about it what they did to my fiance.

6. ANightDude

You rock! Stupid thirteen year olds.

7. sayitforreals

I hope this doesn't sound rude, but isnt 4'12 inches 5 foot?

8. nikkig

nikkig Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is 4'12 inches 5 foot.The 13 year boys were very stupid doing this and are going to learn.

9. Peridot

Wow.
    I hate how people can be so rude. Sure, they're thirteen, we were all at that age at one point, but you dont have to be so rude.

Love everyone and yourself! Peace!

10. SlickyPants

Good on the parents for sending their kids to a seminar. Hopefully they will learn to become more tolerant of people who are different than themselves. Sure they could give their kid a smack or ground them but the kids will not learn anything about why their behaviour was wrong.

11. musicgirl112233

im 13 and i dont make fun of people.

it is sad that they were making fun of ur fiance they need to get a life!

#11 musicgirl112233, May 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  12. ovomac

ovomac Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't even understand the concept of love until you are like, Twenty!

13. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Good on you nikkig! I'm sorry that happened to him. 13 years old is old enough not to do things like that - I'm only 14 for goodness' sake! Some people are just so badly brought up :frowning2: