1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys - would you date an FTM?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clockworkfox, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Guys - would you date an FTM?

1. Yes, but only if he's had bottom surgery

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Yes, regardless of whether or not he's had bottom surgery, but only if he's had top surgery/hormones

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Yes, no matter if he's pre-op, post-op, or no-op

27 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Maybe/unsure

23 vote(s)
    31.5%
  5. No

12 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just curious. I always think that if and when I get to transition I'll be alone because nobody would particularly want to date someone like me.

Also, I'm curious to see what guys think specifically, because I like guys.

#1 clockworkfox, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. FreeFlow9917

Idk depends

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really not sure. I've met two transgender people in my life, one was MTF, and the other was ?T?.

4. BornInTexas

5. Minx

6. Hexagon

7. Gallatin

Considering I've crushed on a few before, the answer is most definitely yes. :slight_smile:

8. Tim

Tim

This... is an awkward and complex question I've been sitting here trying to phrase my answer to for a while. If anything I say comes off as offensive, I apologize. I always have the hardest time phrasing things in regards to transgender questions.

Short Answer: Yes, I would give them just as much of a chance as any other guy.

Long Answer: It really depends on the situation I'm in, and they're in.

If they don't intend to begin transitioning at all, and live as female, then no. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but I'm just not attracted to women, even if inside, they're not female. I'm all about personality over looks, but not in this particular case. I'll try to explain it later in this post.

If I'm still for whatever reason living with my mom or sister, then it would have to be after hormones have been started, and top-surgery. My family can say some pretty ignorant things at time, and I have issue with it on my own (yet another reason I currently do not date). They know I'm gay, and they say it doesn't change how they feel about me, but they still constantly say things about gay guys that offend me. Although I really shouldn't care what they think, they're my family, so I do. And the way my family thinks, if I were to bring home someone who they believed to be a girl, even if I told them otherwise, (AKA Pre-Op/Hormones), the way they think, they'd have false hope that I'm straight or I was just going through a phase, and I literally would never hear the end of it, and even if I really liked the person, I couldn't deal with that the rest of my life. My family would always bring it up, even after the transitioning is 'done.'

As for the bottom surgery, as odd as it sounds, it really doesn't matter to me. Like, obviously, I'm gay, so I like male parts and don't like female parts, but it's more... I dunno, masculinity? I'm attracted to. I really can't explain it more than that. But it's not really masculinity, as even the stereotypical gay guy tends to be attractive to me. I really don't know how to explain it. It's not necessarily male parts or anything like that, but, I dunno. My god, this is hard to explain. It's like, just the feeling of them being a guy. I don't know how to explain that. Everyone puts out a vibe, a personality, an attitude, etc. There's usually 2 distinct ones, male and female. To me, people who put out the male vibe, just... they're attractive to me. I've met a few where I honestly couldn't tell, they were just very... neutral, if I had to pick a word for it. Like, they even put out this feeling over the internet, as weird as that sounds. The way they type. The way they respond. Etc.

...does that make sense? Ugh. I give up trying to explain.

So let's just go with yes. Unless they never intend to do a transition of any kind, then I just couldn't. Unless for some reason they wanted biological kids before they transitioned, in which case I'd question why'd they want to put themselves through child birth (and more time as female rather than what they are), but otherwise, probably give them a chance anyway. (Though, I'd probably spend a lot of time in my head trying to figure out if I was okay with that.)

...and that ends Tim's awkward attempt to answer this question.

#8 Tim, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. Hrantou

Yes I would!

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm more attracted to the frame of the male body than the penis, anyway, so I'd give him a chance. Top surgery and hormones would be a must, though, otherwise I don't think I could be sexually attracted to him.

11. FightingShadows

Seeing as I am one, it wouldn't be very fair not to give another person like me the same chance I would want from any other guy, now would it? :wink:

12. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Fuck yeah. I can't help it. We're so cute...

13. biggayguy

I would give them a chance. I would have to find them attractive in some way. Even if they were only mentally stimulating that might be enough. I knew this one FtM person that had the cowboy look going on. He was very attractive. He was the keynote speaker at a PFLAG meeting.

14. KhanSaheb

One of my fondest memories of a crush was a guy I knew many years ago. Erik was FTM and was the sweetest, coolest guy I knew. He worked at the same bar that I worked at, plus, we both hung out there when we weren't working.

The problem: He had a girlfriend. They had been together for a few years, even before he started his transition. I think one of the things that really attracted me was how extremely devoted he was to her. He was also wise beyond his years.

So, yeah, I voted "yes" because I would have... in a heartbeat!

15. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Voted for the second option.. Am I shallow? Anyways, there has to be some physical attraction there.

Being a FTM isn't a deal maker or breaker for me though, i'd treat them like any other guy.

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If anything, it would be preferable, coming from someone fairly androgynous in appearance and with genderqueer leanings, also attracted to those traits.

17. Gen

Gen

I wouldn't be being truthful if I claimed that I wouldn't have my reservations. Ultimately, I believe it would be less likely because I usually don't have a specific type, but still haven't found myself attracted to one before.

Though I am a very social and friendly person, so obviously I would still give them a chance, as I do everyone else.

18. CuriousBunny

Yes! I find FTM guys very attractive.

19. I'm not sure. I'd give him a chance, but I am not attracted to female parts...if he had surgery then yes.

20. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would. But then again, I am a transguy.