1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Decision on Coming out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Aug 1, 2013.

1. person57

I decided that I'm going to come out of the closet and I'm in college. I think its best to come out later when people are more mature and more accepting. I'm also planning to write a coming out letter to my parents when I'm in college. Has anybody else decided when to come out?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still trying to figure out when to come out to my family. Other than that, I'm out to everybody else.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm planning to come out to family in the next couple years- preferrably when I figure out where I'm going after my associate's. If my worst fears come true and they don't take it well, at least I'll be out of the house. I'm planning my transition with the idea that I'll be on my own when I go through it.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yep :slight_smile: Got the note all ready and it's sitting in GoogleDocuments. I'll put it either on my mom's nightstand or armwalk the minute before they take me up to the dorms. Then I'll worry about my good friends after I receive their response.

5. George

I'm already out to my parents, grandparents, and friends, so all that really remains is the rest of the extended family. My parents have asked me to hold off on that part - they want to be the ones to tell my aunts/uncles. I think they just want to make sure the information is spread properly and that people aren't talking behind our backs as much. So I'll probably hold off on that - it doesn't really matter if the others know anyway since they aren't a part of my daily life.

6. LinkLarkin

I'm going to do it in the next few months. I had my sights set on January but now I don't know if I can wait that long.

7. Unplottable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out about being bi when I was in college and they all responded like "Yeah that's a big surprise... =/"
    The fact I'm not satisfied with my gender, I will tell my mother that tomorrow...

8. ScatteredEarth

I came out as bi to my mother, I don't think I'll tell my father until I get out of the house. I know that he won't do anything drastic, but I don't want him thinking differently about me while I still live there.

9. Xochipilli

Whatever works for you. :slight_smile:

I was supposed to tell my parents two months ago.
    I'm pretty sure they know. I'm not exactly hiding anything anymore. None of my electronics have passwords and I leave my stuff all over the place.
    I make it easy for them to snoop, but I don't think they ever will. (*hug*)

10. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

Meanwhile i'm planning to come out to everyone when I finish high school.
    But if I have a girlfriend before I finish, then I guess I'll come out earlier

11. Holly

I decided to come out because I was sick of lying about who I liked to everyone. Hearing my mum every week talking about she couldnt wait for me to find a cute guy to marry just became too much.

Ultimately, I knew I could only come out when I was 100% accepting of myself, and that happened recently...

12. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i thought about coming out at my school but before i did it another girl came out as lesbian and everybody laughed at her and teased her (besides me i bacame her friend) so I decided not to come out even Even though I wanted to...