1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life in general

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Duplexaxis, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Duplexaxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So i'm starting uni in a couple of months so i have some free time and my mum is putting the pressure on me to get a job. This I have no problem with.

However she gets all riled up at me for not being enthusiastic about it. I can't make her understand that no I really am not excited about working in some shop that I have no interest in that sells something that I don't care about. I'm happy to go get a job until uni starts if it'll get her off my case but it just makes me depressed about life in general.

Go to school so you can get a job so you can earn lots of money and then you might be happy someday. I tried explaining this and saying I don't know what life holds for me but all I want is to be happy and I don't think working in this crap shop will and that went down really well as you might expect.

If this is all life in a capitalist society is then why even bother? I know for a fact my mum doesn't enjoy her job despite what she says and my dad always complains about his job. I don't buy into all this "need to pay the bills" crap. I'd much rather they live somewhere worse and be happy most of the time than feel obligated to be miserable to pay for shit I don't care about.

2. Hexagon

I wonder the same thing often. I just hate the idea of school>crap job>crap family>retire>die. I want to do something, change things for the better, but I don't know how, and the above progression just seems so meaningless.

3. Duplexaxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Precisely. The way society seems to operate is so linear and boring and pointless! I know what I enjoy but none of it is useful in any way and any advice offered is the same bullshit.

4. Hexagon

Capitalism sucks :frowning2:

5. Duplexaxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I disagree. For those of us who are materialistic and embrace the Capitalist lifestyle it's fantastic. I do enjoy things like amenities and technology but they don't make me happy, they're just useful...