1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in Love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 1Jake2, Aug 2, 2013.

1. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 14 so I've never fallen in love and I guess I'm kinda curious about it. When's the first time you fell in love? Can you fall in love more than once? What does it feel like?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. It's possible to fall in love more than once. Last time I fell in love was years ago, fourteen, with my best friend. Crushed on them since fourth grade, we ended up dating for two years, one year LD before drifting apart. Still think about them from time to time- hard not to when someone's such a big part of your life. We're still friends, they were actually the first person I came out as a transman to.

Honestly, other person becomes your world. You'd step on a landmine for them. You're vulnerable, so's the other but you're just two fucked up kids in a crazy world and that's all that matters.

3. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why, but I haven't fallen in love yet. And I think that is a good thing. Not that I don't want to, but I'm not completely out yet, and falling in love would be a difficult thing to handle in that case.

Even worse would be, falling in love with a straight guy. There was this guy in my class last year, that was just soo hot I almost couldn't sustain it. But I had to put my attraction away and try not to stare at him.

It was for the best, for both of us. He had a girlfriend anyway. I still wait for the day I will fall in love though :slight_smile: We have 20 new people coming to our grade this year, and I hope some gay/bi (out of closet) cutie comes to my class.

Everyone can dream :slight_smile:

4. Bolin

I fell in love probably some time in high school with my best friend, but I didn't notice or acknowlege until years later, shortly after I had graduated. That, for the most part, was not a pleasant experience. And yes, you can fall in love more than once, or even the extreme, fall in love with more than one person at the same time. A couple of years ago, I fell for two guys around the same time. One used to be a good friend, and the other was a coworker. Both were also not very pleasant experiences since the former turned out to be a homophobe and the latter led me on to believe that he was interested when he really wasn't and had a girlfriend. A more pleasant example is with my ex whom I met late last year. For the first time, I experienced loving someone and that person loving me back. I'm still kinda heartbroken that it didn't work out, but I'm glad that I, at least once in my life, got to experience returned affection, and it's a very amazing feeling. :slight_smile:

5. Abbra

Love is rather complicated, and I don't think everyone really experiences it in the same way.

I have been in love twice. One of them I have just very recently gotten over. She was a very good friend, and I always kind of knew that I loved her, even before I had fully accepted my sexuality. It was just natural to be around her. I never felt the need to impress her, and it always made me happy to be around her. Part of me is still in love with her, but I've moved past the jealousy that was so prominent when she was involved. I love her as a friend, and now I simply wish her the best with her boyfriend.

My second love was a lot more complicated. I didn't even know I loved her until my heart was broken. On paper, we didn't fit very well. She and I were very different in more than one way. She is an absolutely incredible person, but I think I may have idealized her a bit which lead to everything. She and I became very close one summer. However, things started to go sour when she started to develop a crush on my best friend. I just kept denying it though. However, they ended up kissing each other and it was absolutely devastating. She and I remained friends, but my feelings ended up getting stronger with time. I ended up confessing that I love her, which I can't decide was the best or worst decision. Either way, she's moving far away soon. I'm going to miss her dearly.

6. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

I don't think I fell in love with someone, its hard to fall in love.
    but I do have a huge crush this year for the first time on a straight woman.
    There is no one general feeling, this feeling made ​​up of all kinds of small things.
    everytime I speak with her, I feel euphoric. If she ask me something, touch me or just smile, I'll be happy for the next few hours. I just want to be around her, no matter what. Just look at her or listen to her voice. (creepy lol)
    It can be amazing and also very sucks

7. nostreborem

For me it is an awesome, mind-numbing, mouth paralysing feeling; at times you can feel as though you can do almost anything, when that person that you are in love with touches you, you don't actually feel electric shocks but you feel as though them touching you is the only thing keeping you alive, and when they move away it can leave you feeling like a part of you is missing and even if you are just texting your heart will be pounding, that (for me) is how love feels, it might be different for each person though :grin:

8. leer

it's different for everyone I guess nobody act's the same. I have been in love with a guy fell hook line & sinker for him but I doubt he felt the same it's nice at times but falling out of love was hell for me... as I said Its different for everyone.

9. George

There are three times in my life that I have majorly fallen in love with someone. All three of these occurred on the internet (we were in the same clan in an MMORPG). Some people might find that extremely odd - how can you fall in love with someone you never met? Well considering that we all spent many hours playing each day and we were constantly using microphones / webcams, its pretty easy to become best friends. How did I know it shifted from best friend to love? When I started getting butterflies in my stomach when looking at their picture, and when I started hugging my pillow at night imagining it was them. I had never felt so drawn to anyone before.. feeling like I could just spend my life with the person and nothing could be more amazing.

I eventually met all three of these people in real life, and they were just as amazing in person as they were on the internet. Unfortunately they were all straight so the love was one-way. I still don't know what it feels like to be in love with someone where its actually mutual, but I can only imagine how much greater it must be.

10. Hrantou

Are you me? :lol: I've been in the exact same situation twice. Guys I played games with (MMOs) and you're right. You play so much together, you webcam and hear their voice that eventually you fall for them. Also, like you, they were both straight and it was a one-way love.

As for me, I've been in love 1 other time with a guy at my high school. Took 2 years for that to fade away. Wasn't fun.

Love is strange, I can tell you that. Its hard to explain, because its different for everybody. You kind of just know when it happens. That's the best I can describe it. :slight_smile:

11. justjade

I don't know how many times I've been in love because, in retrospect, I don't think I was in the past, but I guess at the time I was. I feel in love with my husband last year when I met him. He just blew me away, and I immediately thought, "I'm going to marry him someday." :love:

I do think you can fall in love more than once. I've noticed that, as I got older, my definition of love evolved. So yes, of course, I don't recall exactly what it used to be. I think it varies because it's never really nailed down. People can describe it, but it has to be experienced by each individual to be defined by that person. Besides, I've noticed that I can't describe it to people because then they create that idea in that in their minds. A lot of times, the reason people want to know because they want to either know if they're in love or be able to say that they are by using the description I gave them. I'm not saying the OP is doing this. But I've noticed that with my sister especially, she does this a lot.

I guess I'll describe how love is for me. It makes me want to be a better person, not because I want my husband's approval, but because I genuinely believe because of the mutual respect I share with him that I deserve it. It's a connection that transcends everything else. It's also mutually beneficial. My husband I give to each other--and take--graciously. We know, understand, and embrace each other's flaws and weaknesses while still respecting each other. We are considerate of each other and often have to make concession and compromises. It's just a wonderful relationship. :love:

12. Belle

I don't think I have ever fallen in love yet. I have had a strong emotion towards someone when I was probably 12 or 13, but I know that it was not love. It was actually the first time I came to realize I was attracted to the same sex. I got so scared that I ended up ruining our friendship.