1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgh i hate my family's homophobic comments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayJay, Aug 2, 2013.

1. GayJay

So it was on the news a 16 year old boy got killed in the North West, where i'm from
    He was beat to death at a house party by others boys there, targeted because of his sexuality

I watched it and was like 'that poor lad, that's disgusting! right here where we live too' ect..
    My stepdad: *sniggers* 'Well if your gonna be gay, you've got to expect people to jump you'

The fact it happened at the night i too was at a party, not far from there. Like it just angers me and makes me think what if that had been me, he would probably still be laughing...urgh

2. Hexagon

I hate that sort of thing. I'm so sorry its coming out of your family's mouths. Its also terrible logic.

3. iHateThinking

Well, wow. That's a pretty biased and illogical point of view. Darn shame people think jumping/killing someone for their orientation is "expected".

Shows humanity still has a loooong way to go. I'm sorry to hear that it's coming from a family member. *sigh*

4. GayJay

Yeah i'mused to him saying things like that.
    He had a proper rant a someone who called Elton John a parent..because he isn't a parent. 'Faggots adopting does not make them parents'
    But that one shocked me to lad died for christs sake!

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elton John is a terrible example to compare normal parents to, because normal parents aren't.. Um... worldwide celebrities with a huge press following them.

6. Northern

My brother says homophobic things all the time, but as soon as I question him about it he immediately back pedals and acts like it is horrible. Yet he still says homophobic things all the time, which I think is just to sound "cool"

As for your family well I just don't know what to say. We can hope that as times change they can see the errors of their ways and see that no matter what your sexual identity or preference it does not define who you are.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an ass! I guess I'm just lucky to have so many LGBT people in my family that it's like second nature.

8. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    :O
    Thats crazy! I must come out to someone! its an urge i get when i hear stuff like this.
    ill go on skype!

9. ireallydontknow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg its stuff like this that makes me want to stay in my comfortable little closet. That is so not right. I'm very luck to have found this site.

10. ZebraJynx121

If my mom saw that news story she would have a panic attack and not let me leave the house for awhile!

My brother's jokes are very blunt and often upsetting for some people. Of course growing up with him I have gotten used to it. It gets tiresome and very annoying after awhile especially when it's another one of his gay jokes though.

11. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think my dad can get through an entire family luncheon without bringing up his opinion that "homosexuals" should all be imprisoned, or shot, or exiled. And then proudly boasting that all 3 of his sons "turned out straight."

Fortunately he's alone on his little island of hate.

But it's so tempting to jump in and say "WELL GUESS WHAT DAD!?"

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a whole family of homophobes. :S

#11 FrostyWhiskers, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  12. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wish it was just me parents my entire family is homophobic thats why I'm so afraid to come out to them....

13. FrostyWhiskers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although I'm still in, at almost 30 years old, so I'm not sure how valid my advice would actually be, but just don't rush it. Give yourself as much time as you need to form a support group that can help you cope with any difficulties that could arise.

14. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah i guess you are right and thx for the adivce :thumbsup:

15. FightingShadows

My parents are the "fake supportive type". They're all "I'm cool with it as long as no one hits on me." (which still seems pretty homophobic to me) and then as soon as they see something about gay rights on TV it's a complete uproar. They know Im Trans, but ignore it like I never said a thing.

16. GayJay

Yeah, it's horrible there are still so many people like this in the world. But in time to come homophobia will be non-existent:slight_smile:

I went to pride yesterday and he wern't happy about it.
    So i just said 'Prides always gonna be around, because people aren't gonna stop and give up because of idiots like you. And i'm always gonna go'
    He didn't take it lightly but i felt good that i said it

---------- Post added 4th Aug 2013 at 06:26 PM ----------

That's exactly what my family do to me, and i bring trans up there like 'what's that? Now shut the fuck up'

17. That's disgusting...