1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, May 11, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I'm going on vacation again! :slight_smile: This time I'm headed to Louisiana! Adam (my son) lives in Lake Charles with his partner Michael. We're spending some time with them there and then we're also getting to go to New Orleans for a couple of days. So anybody been there? What are some fun things to do there?

2. sdc91

I've been there a few times. I'm not sure how it is now (*ahem*), but definitely check out Café Du Monde for beignets and chicory coffee one morning. Or two. Or three. And if you have the money, definitely eat at Paul Prudhomme's kitchen (K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen)! It's quite expensive ($30/dish), but it's among the best food you'll ever have. Plus the waiters/waitresses compete over tables (I think they like tips a lot).

I don't think you'd be into Bourbon St. Haha, I'm not.

Gosh, I really can't think of much to do other than eat and walk around the French Quarter. If you want to gamble you can gamble at Harrah's in NOLA or L'Auberge du Lac in Lake Charles. lol

3. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well Becky I might go to New Orleans this summer to help rebuild. NY2NO.COM is taking high schoolers down to New Orleans and help rebuild the houses, mow lawns, clean streets, and help repair the 9th quarter , I think that's the name of it. And the French Quarter looks like lots of fun!

4. ShakeTheGlitter

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was there to do rebuilding a few weeks ago, I absolutely loved it. In addition to working, we had bengeits (I've totally murdered that spelling-- pronounced ben-yays) at Cafe DuMonde, and we also went on a cool Haunted History Tour of the French Quarter, which was really cool.

Have a nice time. :slight_smile:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think I'd really love the haunted history. I love that kind of stuff!

6. panda

If I went to N.O. I'd see the French Quarter. Most of all I'd like to see levees and the destruction from the hurricane.I'd like to see how a city is built that's mostly below the water level and how it manages to survive.
    There are people that say it costs too much to maintain the city as it stands and that it should be filled in and rebuilt.