1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you so much for telling me! wow.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Aug 3, 2013.

1. MerBear

Im sorry but im crying my eyes out because .....the girl i like,, completely lied to me.....
    I've been wondering....why...she was avoiding me ....she said that she liked me and said that my flirting was cute and all this other shit ....and i go on the site where i met her and she posts this status saying

"it would be nice to hear from my boyfriend"

Like...really...why would you lie to me like that? why? I knew ...i knew it.

Im sorry if this doesn't belong in this section, I just had to vent

2. Nick07

don't cry, sweetie. I don't know why people lie like that. If it is fun for them or if they are sick and need therapy.
    You will find someone better.
    *hug*

3. MerBear

I hope i do. It's just don't where i went wrong...probably trusting her but other than that, i did all the right moves. I gave her space, i gave her confidence, i gave her everything i had left in me.

I didn't want to trust her, I pushed her away but she insisted she wasn't going to hurt me and that she didn't want to but then she does this to me and it doesn't help me at all.

4. Nick07

Something like that happened to me too. I don't know what I did wrong either. Maybe you just need to be lucky not to meet such person. Did you know her in person?

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay. Another one of us that gives ammo to radical conservatives *rolls eyes*

(*hug*)

6. MerBear

No, i didn't but she was going to drive to see me in september.
    Regardless though, i'm just going to obviously avoid girls online. i talk to really nice girls online but i can't take that anymore. i'm just going to avoid girls online and I'm going to stop trusting people

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2013 at 09:24 AM ----------

what do you mean?

7. Nick07

unfortunately, it is very easy to lie on the internet when you can't see the body language...

8. MerBear

well, I could tell by her way of words that something was up, I've learned over time how to read someone even if its not obvious. too much experience.

9. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Many people throw words around without thinking how they will affect those that hear or read them. And there are many many many people who get a kick out of toying with people's emotions on the Internet. Convincing people to trust them, care about them, even give them money. Some do it for shits n giggles and don't really care about the people they get their kicks from. Others are far more insidious and burrow themselves into people's heads. I know of a case where someone was convinced to divulge their most personal secrets and details about past abuse they'd suffered to another person over a period of several months, only to find out the person was someone who targeted abuse victims and gave them bullshit stories to get 'close' to them before disappearing completely. And that's just one case. There are very many sick and twisted people in the world, and the presence of the Internet has given them an ideal playground. You can never be too careful.

How long have you been speaking to this girl online? How recent were the comments you mentioned (she likes you, thinks the flirting's cute etc)? How long has she been avoiding you?

10. MerBear

she told me she liked into a week of talking. I did like her too even though, it seems to soon. I thought she was a really nice and had an amazing personality, it takes a lot to get me to like you like i did her. and she said she liked my flirting about 3 days ago.

once she stopped talking to me for 5 days and i finally messaged her and she responded then we talked for about 2 days and she said something how she wasn't feeling productive and would try to talk to me then i said

"you don't have to if you don't feel like it. im not going to force you to talk to me"

and so then i didn't hear back from her obviously and so today before i saw her status on the website where we met, i asked her if she was okay

and then she got my message on that website where we met and i told her

"Thank You for telling me you had a boyfriend"

and she said she just got a boyfriend yesterday and then she said

"I didn't do anything. I said i liked you. plain and simple, i didn't act upon that statement"

so then I finally told her

"you don't have to act upon your statement. the statement spoke for itself and if you got a boyfriend that quick, you obviously didn't like me as much as i thought"

we talked for almost a month. its not enough time, i know but I did like her and I think what hurt the most is that i trusted her...and she blew it.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could it be possible that she *does* like you, and happens to have a boyfriend she's considering being unfaithful to? Relationships are hard work and occasionally insane temptation to do bad things. I wish she and you could talk about what was going on. :frowning2:

12. MerBear

no. she got a boyfriend yesterday. before him, she was single ...and she said she liked me and all this other bullshit. My ex did the same thing to me, and i was trying to move on and then she does this.

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Well to me it's weird that anyone could claim to like someone in 'that' way after talking to them online for a week. And then to just suddenly have a boyfriend out of the blue - I don't see how any well-grounded relationship can form so quickly. I'm not convinced she knows or cares what a real relationship is, and I think you're better off without.

14. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand exactly how you feel... To put all your confidence and your trust and love in to another person; to give them everything that they need while you're deprived of it yourself, and you don't care because you care about them... And then to have your heart broken because you were lied to by that person when they said they wouldn't hurt you... I'm so sorry this had to happen to you, hun. If you ever need to talk or anything you can just talk to me, I know the feeling of betrayal and hurt... (*hug*)

15. Femmeme

It sounds like she's just incredibly immature and desperate for attention. Maybe you should consider dating older girls?

Immature people don't know what they want enough to really be committed or loyal.

Sorry sugar (*hug*)

16. MerBear

I know, I am

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

That's what i was thinking but I always feel i would be crossing the border so to speak if i did that hahaha.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2013 at 12:26 PM ----------

THank you so much. I appreciate it.

17. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're not aware, there are plenty of conservatives (mostly Christian fundamentalists) that argue that LGB people are more sexually promiscuous than heterosexuals, and also argue along with that (and try and back it up with) homosexual relationships don't last as long and are unfaithful because, ya know, all LGB people are fickle, dontcha know.

18. MerBear

Oh, I didn't know that but thanks for telling me.

I feel bad, That this is another pointer for them :frowning2: but that's obviously not true. I would be faithful and I am, I think, I need to stop giving everything I have left to girls

19. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awwww I'm so sorry. That would be really hurtful. :frowning2:

20. MerBear

it really is/