1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wichita Falls Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Redd, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been trying to figure out where to apply for college, and I found this little school I like in Wichita Falls. It isn't big or prestigous or anything like that, but I like the idea of a smaller school, and I would get a really great in state tuition rate. I visited it and it seemed like a really chill place that I felt like I would enjoy, but I'm worried about the "small town in Texas" aspect. I definitely want to go somewhere where I can be out and hopefully around other people who are in a similar situation, so if anyone knows anything about the area, or Midwestern State University, I would really appriciate any input! Or any advice for the college application process in general :slight_smile: Thanks!

2. starfish

I have a friend who lives not too far from Wichita Falls. There is not much out there.

Honestly I would rather go to college in a larger city, there would be more fun stuff to do.

I grew in a small Texas town. If you have a some land living there is nice, but otherwise not for me.

3. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Titanic anyone?

4. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    That bad? I'm glad I asked :icon_sad:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're looking for Texas schools for good resident rates, have you tried community colleges in the bigger cities?

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live on the very edge of being considered "Metro Detroit" and I picked Western Michigan University, 140 miles away. It's close enough to home, and far enough away at the same time. I thought it was a great campus and it was just right for me. That was how I made my decision.

My dad on the other hand, just wanted a degree from Michigan, so he went to UM-Flint after he got out of the Air Force, which is just as good as a degree from UM-Ann Arbor, as it's pretty much a satellite campus.

My mom wanted the best degree she could get, so she packed up and moved to Davenport, Iowa, somewhere she'd never been, to attend Palmer College of Chiropractic.

Point is, people decide on colleges for different reasons. Find the biggest reason for you, and go with it.

7. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have thought about community colleges but I want to be able to go somewhere that I would be able to make a home at, if you will.

I guess I'll try to figure out more specifically what I want, right now I don't have much of an idea