1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reputation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vhrebels, Aug 3, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey. So, what do people think about you? Most people at my school like me because I'm friendly to everyone and really outgoing. I guess I'm fairly popular, because I hang out with other people just about every day. People really like me because I'm fairly chill, but a lot of people think I'm dumb, and I'm typically associated with being a stoner. My friends are always comparing me to Kelso from That 70s Show. But anyways, what do people think about you? What kind of reputation do you have?

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People think I'm funny, messed up, loving, caring, and a good listener. And I can be an asshole too.

3. LD579

It depends on what crowd you'd like to use as a reference point. Many act differently around friends, coworkers, authority figures, family members, strangers, acquaintances, influential people, idols and role models... or so the idea of personas go, which I think is a really interesting concept that I find a lot of truth in.

I could not answer that question without harsh generalizations or obvious discrepancies. Besides that, I'm quite biased... naturally so, I'd imagine. I'd find it intriguing to see what others would say of how they're viewed by others.

#3 LD579, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. Abbra

I have a pretty good reputation. I'm seen as kind of a weirdo, but not in a bad way. It takes awhile to warm up to me because I'm loud and sarcastic, however, once people get my sense of humor nobody has a problem with me. As far as I know, I have no enemies. In a way, I'm kind of seen as a joke. Nobody takes me seriously and everyone sees me as dumb. However, my friends appreciate that I try.

5. ahundredpennies

People think I'm funny and fun to hang out with, as well as a good person and caring. I'm sure there are some who think I'm weird, but hey, haters gonna hate.

6. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand as a teenager it is important what people think of you.

As you go through life your S***-o-meter adjusts and usually gets to the point where you may think it is broken because you stop caring what people think about you be it good or bad, because the people that matter to you have seen you at your best and at your worst, and they are still there :wink:

7. A lot of my friends think of me as a nice, funny, smart, lovable, very kind, and just plain cuh-razy (that's actually how my friends told me LOL)! I'm extremely extroverted and a lot of people also think of me as sarcastic as well.

Before people get to know me, they think of me as loud and annoying. However, it's the total opposite once people get to know me.

8. Tim

Tim

Depends on who you ask.

To some people, I'm a total bitch.

To some people, I'm the kindest most caring person they know.

To some people, I'm just... Tim.

I have a way of making different impressions on different people. xD

I'm a nice person. But if you do something to get on my bad side, you will tend to regret it, Lol.

#8 Tim, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  9. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

[YOUTUBE]G9VSGPmkUc0[/YOUTUBE]

jk :grin: This thread is just an excuse to post this song.

10. Cerridwyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, how you behave toward people is often related to how much you can be yourself.

I'm the classic introverted geek. I'm pretty shy until I get to know people. I have been called weird. I have a card somewhere that says "Some people say you march to the beat of a different drummer" on the cover and on the inside says, "But we know you are really just weird." Either/both?

I am me. I say she when discussing my first ex, the second mother of my only daughter. I say he, or pondscum, when discussing my male ex, who is not pondscum because he's male, but because he turned out to be a lying sa.......

As you become an adult and make your way in the world, I hope that above all else, you can be yourself.

11. George

This is very true. As a teen I was so worried about what others thought of me, and there was nothing worse than not fitting in and having others think less of me. As a young adult I'm finding myself caring much less, although there still are situations that I get concerned about it. The whole thing is probably closely tied to self-confidence. As we get older and start to solidify our identities, we generally gain confidence in ourselves and our place in the world. Then it's easy to not care what unimportant people think, because there is nothing to prove to them.

12. justjade

People think I'm weird and wild. That's all I can tell. I don't get told much else.

13. FreeFlow9917

I don't need a rep, i don't believe in cool, i believe in standing out

14. UndercoverGypsy

AAAAND Freaks and Geeks nostalgia!

I'm seen as one of a few personalities:

a) That creepy metalhead kid
    b) That weird computer kid
    c) That creepy and weird metalhead computer kid

So... yeah.

15. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Quiet.

That's the sum total of most people's opinion of me, apparently, when they notice me at all. Some people add "smart" on to that after they learn about my major or my scholarship.

I don't know what people who actually know me think of me. I think they tend to see me as lazy if they catch me during a depressive episode.

16. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

um I think that people who don't know me think I'm not such a nice and friendly person... It's probably becuase i'm kinda shy

17. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Most people at school consider me a dork or a nerd and few even speak to me unless it's to ask what the teacher said or for an answer, I do have a lot of people that are right on the border of Friend/Acquaintance.

But mostly, people tend to think I'm generally uncool, like I give a :***: But it's probably because I'm shy around everybody I don't know, I act all calm and relaxed around everybody, but I'm not I'm scared I'll get mocked for something I may say.

So yeah, that's my rep, kinda sad I know...

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People love me or hate me...but mostly love. I'm the friendliest guy on campus who's not afraid to be an asshole at times. People love to mess with me and I can tell when they're joking. I'm a pretty resilient dude. I'm not one to sulk on an issue for days and days.

19. ZebraJynx121

People usually either think I'm weird, funny, and nice, or shy, awkward, and weird. Thankfully the first is what most people think.

20. BornInTexas

Quiet, still (the not moving kind), boring.

That is the kind of reputation I have around other people in real life. I am not that social...