1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really hate homophobes :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ron IL, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yesterday I came out to a friend of mine when I went to visit her and on the way back in the bus station we talked about what it means to be gay and a couple of teenage boys who heard us talking started cursing me and Threatening to hit me if dont get out of there sight (which is wierd becaus they came to me) and they did it only because I was gay so my friend (which is a girl) told them to back the hell off and that I'm her boyfriend that we are only talking about a gay friend of ours who came out, so thay said they were sorry that they didn't know and they walked away. now dont get me wrong I'm greatfull for what my friend did for me. but I just hate the fact that I can't talk about who I am without the fear of getting beat up you know what i mean... (p.s i have no idea who those boys were but trust me I trying to find out...)

#1 ron IL, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hating homophobes is like homophobes hating gays.

I pity homophobes for being to narrow minded to anything that is different. Chances are a homophobe is also a racist and sexist...and all three types of bigots are simply people who have not had a proper education, or at least an education that teaches acceptance of all of our differences.

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

The best thing to do is forget about it and move on with life. I know it sucks to not be able to talk about yourself openly, and it sucks to have hateful people attack you for being yourself. Just protect yourself from those types of people as much as possible.

4. Hrantou

"People gonna talk whether you doin' bad or good." That's kinda how I feel about homophobes. They're haters and they're gonna hate on you no matter what, so just move on, be happy and focus on the people who love you (*hug*)

5. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok thank you all for the advice :slight_smile:

6. SinaMakosa

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry that happened to you, must have been very uncomfortable and threatening for you. When strangers say homophobic things, they think they are looking down at gay people, but in my mind I just lose respect for them and start to look down on them. It's pretty childish that some people have to pick on gay people in order to feel more "masculine" or "manly" about themselves.

7. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

It's true that there are homophobic people out there, but don't forget about all the people who support LGBT! particularly in Israel, which is not homophobic country.
    Just ignore those narrow minded...
    There are so many places in Israel where you can be who you are without being judged :eusa_ange

8. ScatteredEarth

Just keep your chin up. Eventually you will find a place in Israel where you can be more accepted. They are pretty much an accepting country to an extent.

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Against homophobes i propose vengeance...but not aggressive vengeance of course, the vengeance i propose is a revenge of growing yourself not of destroying them. The best vengeance toward those who wish you bad things is being happy and succesful. Become superior to them in as many areas as you can. Take the hate you receive as an inspiration to be better, use your personal excelence as your main argument. They think you are garbage of society, demonstrate they are wrong by being an example, serve society, work hard, help others, become a role model, be a badass, be strong, help others becme strong, never insult, be respectful, be a good friend, a good son, a good citizen, a good boyfriend and the best at the area you work.

Preach excelence, become excelence, make the insults of the mediocre homophobes become hollow senseless words. Do the hateful words make you angry? Use your anger as energy for doing things that move you toward your goals, turn anger into strength, and bravery.

:goodluck: (*hug*)

10. FightingShadows

That's the reason why I don't like talking about me being Transgender at work. Most of my friends, I only see them at work and when they have questions, they kind of have a habit of asking in front of either a bunch of customer's or around people who I don't associate with when we're sitting in the break room. Little by little, i'm learning not to care too much. I mean, this is who I am, if anyone has a problem with it, i'm pretty sure I could hold my own if someone's bigotry reared its ugly head.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like them, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate them. Largely, they are inconsequential to your life unless, for some reason, you have to interact with them routinely. They are also a problem if a situation out in public could turn ugly. Mostly, they have their own issues - the need to assert their dominance, issues of insecurity related to sexuality, or the likelihood that they're just wired to be ass holes. Don't sweat it.

12. enigmeow

Your from Israel? love Israel...