1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Werewolves, Vampires, and other Cryptids

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaplaceScramble, Aug 4, 2013.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is just a general thread I wanted to set up to talk about cryptozoological creatures (more commonly known as cryptids) and cryptozoology in general. Decided on starting it with what I did since more people recognize the than crpytozoology, and hopefully it'll get some of you in here.

What creatures do you like the most? Even hold an extreme fascination for? Have you ever gone hunting for any of those creatures? Have you ever seen any? Share, share, and share again, and maybe you'll find some people will similar interests or experiences as you :icon_bigg

2. Hexagon

Vampires fascinate me the most, although of course I don't believe in them.

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To which I'd ask, why don't you believe in them? And then follow up by asking if you're religious.

4. Hexagon

I don't believe in them because I've never seen any evidence for their existence. The burden of proof lies on those proposing the existence of [insert thing]. And no.

5. Hrantou

I always loved crytozoology. The study of unknown animals and things? Oh, I find that fascinating and brilliant!

I also particularly had a love for bigfoot and the chupacabra. Bigfoot because everyone who studies him believes he's a missing link in the evolutionary train. The chupacabra because my family always told me about it since they're from mexico.

I probably sound like a nut, but I always liked undiscovered things and stories. Fascinating really :grin:

6. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fair enough.

Hrantou

Is there any particular form/species(?) of Bigfoot you prefer more the most? What with Bigfoot, Yeti, Mapinguari, Windigo, Yowie, Skunk Ape, Maricoxi, Almas, Yeren, Orang Pendeck, and a bunch more, Bigfoot just seems like a catch-all phrase (though I think it is meant to strictly refer to the US variation).

It's species like Bigfoot that always keep me interested, since the same creatures will be part of folk lore and legend all over the world, ranging from modern to ancient times. Could it just be some fear ingrained into our DNA from humanities much earlier years? Sure, but I find the chances of that even smaller than the chances that the creatures could actually exist.

7. ZebraJynx121

My favorite cryptid is mothman due to his backstory. It just interests me. Also, the platypus use to be a cryptid though that was back in the late 1800s.

8. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The West Virginia Mothman?

9. Hrantou

You're right. I totally forgot there are supposed many types of bigfoot. Yeti was always interesting since it lives in a cold climate and I always found that interesting. But evolution I guess xD Thing is, and it might sound cliche, but everyone is seeing something. What that is? I don't know, but I sure would love to find out one day. Everyone always says "Just shoot it and bring it home." Yet no one ever has, and that's always off to me. Of course there are stories, but who know? :shrug:

Oh and mothman. Heard a lot about him. I know everyone says he was around a while ago but seems to have disappeared yet again. Or is that the Jersey Devil? Always get them mixed up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Heh, I sound like a nut. :roflmao:

10. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I find Yeti/Sasquatch the most interesting/believable, since the area it lives in has the highest foot traffic (locals and tourists/hunters/explorers) yet remains mostly undocumented, with many areas unreachable and sever weather making it impossible to search prime locations at peak times. There has been evidence found supporting the existence of the Yeti, such as mauled corpses (mainly animals) that couldn't have been left by anything other than something that matched the size of a Yeti. There have also been footprints found by people looking for it, made in nearly frozen dirt, that would have required immense weight to leave something that deep.

And apparently China has spent time/money into researching/searching for the Yeren, and found bits and pieces of evidence that prove it's existence. Unfortunately, they haven't gotten concrete proof, but it's still interesting.

Mothman/Jersey Devil and other similar localized cryptids seem like nothing more than snipes.

11. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ghosts, definitely ghosts, I have encountered several and gone hunting befure

12. ron IL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't believe in this kind of staff but i do have a weird memory I was waiting for my ride in the middle of the night so I'm staring at the roud I look left and there is ths man standing on the sidewalk (of curse i ignored it...) so I look right and nothing there so I look left again and the man is gone but before I was able to even think where he disappered to a bat flew so close to my face it allmost hit me it was such a weird experience..:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (p.s if I have to choose my favorite I choose taylor lutner he is freaking HOT :love::love::love:slight_smile:

#12 ron IL, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  13. Jojo1189

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I love the Jersey Devil. It's such a fat-fetched story, it's insane. I also like the myth of "Black Shuck". For those who don't know, the Jersey Devil is a sort of horselike, thin creature with wings, seen in Jersey, and Black Shuck is a ghostly dog that roams England's east coast.

14. Northern

I have never seen or experienced anything of the sort but I find the concepts interesting, don't believe in any of it, but find it is good for a read or to amuse myself with thoughts of.

15. KingdomKeyDK

The chupacabra is real. What else mutilates goats like that? However, I would like to believe that werewolves are real, but not the kind in myths. More like they become a wolf on a full moon, but do not go and attack people. I believe they become the animal for that period of time and turn back completely unknowing of what happened the night before.