1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To tan, or not to tan?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Argentwing, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While anyone looking at me could tell my opinion of tan skin on my own body (I look like a pallid cave creature XD) I'm more interested in your taste in others. Do you generally prefer the sun-kissed look, or can bright white be sexy too?

Personally, I'm all over the map, but I feel like pale skin is underrated. Far from looking veiny or "pasty", it has the potential to be described more like ivory and can give a very delicate appearance. It also makes for great contrast with bold-colored clothes, a combo which I think looks very nice. :slight_smile:

2. Hexagon

I like pale skin sometimes. I don't really get the point of tanning. It doesn't look any better, imo.

3. LinkLarkin

Tanning can easily be OTT. I may just be saying this because I have very pale skin that refuses to tan, but I definitely don't have a tan fetish or anything. Tanned skin can look attractive, but I'd be just as likely to go for untanned.

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

It never bothers me unless they are really tanned or use fake tan. If you have ever seen 'Only way is Essex' (its an awful British show) with the ridiculous acting and fake tan, then you will know how bad tanning can look.

5. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd rather natural beauty on this, the pale look translates to purity for me. I don't see an issue with it.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm brown and my family was always concerned about not getting too dark in the summer (even Indians have some color prejudice). But, I really don't think too much about skin color, and people who tan too much (looking like oompa loompas) are gross and just begging for skin cancer.

7. DanD

I do prefer a slight tan, I just think it has a warmer look but it's not important.
    I'm actually suffering a little myself as I went sunbathing with a book a few days ago, and now my torso is like a lobster :eusa_doh:

8. BudderMC

I'm not picky; natural is natural. So long as it's not a fake tan... not simply because it looks awful, but mostly because I'd have to think "what would possess you to do that?"

I'd hope my guy doesn't have a preference either, since I'm almost white in the winter but pretty dark in the summer (I don't ever sunburn, only tan ._.)

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the person. Being part Italian, I have more of an 'olive' complexion, tan easily, and have dark hair. In others, I do tend to like darker hair/skin-tones to pale/blond, though I have a thing for carroty-red hair, pale skin and freckles.