1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murses

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Aug 4, 2013.

1. justjade

Who here believes in guys carrying bags? I personally would love to have a nice, big man-bag. Anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone ever get any shit for carrying a bag?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is My Man Bag :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

3. Hexagon

Yeah, I have a bag. Well... pockets.

4. FreeFlow9917

Does my ablet bag count, because on vacation i carried it around, it's targus

5. photoguy93

Honestly, I think that man bags should be like the ugly messenger bags or camera bags, and murses should be more for the fashionable sorta-like-a-purse bag. Lol. Just saying. :slight_smile:

6. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love them! I like anything black or leather. Satchel or classic style :3

7. Convoy

I use bags all the time just because I have to carry a ton of stuff. Call them murses if you will, but it's way better than looking stupid carrying nothing in a pack or messing around with stuff.

Plus I bike a bunch so messenger bags are somewhat convenient (Hint, they're really not). It's kind of like having an intermediate sized pannier stuck to me that moves around. Eh :/.

Security has made it more difficult to have bags in a lot of places though so I have to stick to something that I can keep on me at all times. Thus back to messenger bags.

8. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish I could carry around something akin to a purse, would make carrying stuff around a lot easier. My wallet weighs at least as much as my head even though I don't carry cash, and don't even get me started about keys!

9. Convoy

Don't you just carry them on your utility belt that every youth male is issued upon puberty?

:icon_lol:

10. Hiems

Initially, the title of this thread made me picture this: male person + nurse occupation = murse.

I don't use them... just ordinary bookbags for me. I kinda look like a mountain biker due to the bookbag I use for school. Nothing special really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can see the pros of using a murse. It's convenient if you're not carrying much stuff around. Some look fashionable as well :slight_smile: I might consider purchasing one because I don't have as many courses that require textbooks this semester. I just need to carry around my laptop for the most part.

11. PeterPie

I like my laptop bag xD put heaps of shit in there.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I travel, I carry a laptop bag, but I wouldn't call that a murse.

13. InsanityIsAwake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have one xD

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Actually, I wouldn't mind having one. I get annoyed carrying around my phone, music, wallet, etc in pockets and I am prone to leaving stuff places so it'd be nice to keep it all together in a bag. I hadn't thought about it before, maybe one of these days if i'm out shopping I'll have to check out some purses :slight_smile:

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've tried to avoid purses like the plague (though in femme mode I carry one, to keep up appearances). That being said, would probably use a backpack or laptop bag if the situation called for it.

16. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine with other people having bags, and I'm probably getting one soon regardless.

Nonetheless though, I keep EVERYTHING in my enchanted pockets that hold everything.

17. justjade

:roflmao:

Of course! I used to call male nurses murses all the time! I can't believe I didn't realize that when I posted the title.

Yeah, I think the general concensus I'm getting is "don't call it a murse". I don't like that word myself, but I guess I wasn't sure what to call them. I'd like to carry a messenger bag because I always carry heaps of shit with me, and I wear skinny pants. Bulging pockets are extremely uncomfortable. I still carry an actual purse since I'm very closeted still, and I carry my phone, wallet, keys, cigarettes, lighter, umbrella, notepad, pen, mulit-tool, and sometimes a sketchpad and pencil. I have a lot of shit. Seriously, though, I think men carrying bags is great. They are pretty big and tend to look disproportionate next to me, but you can never discredit a guy carrying a bag because he's usually prepared for lots of different things.

As a side not, I think it's tacky to keep a pack of cigarettes in the front pocket of your shirt. When I'm not carrying a bag, I just leave them in the glove box of my car if I'm out.

Anyway, thanks, guys. I'm going to get a good messenger bag or satchel one of these days.

18. KwT

KwT

Out Status:
    A few people
    IMG_1873.jpg

My shoulder bag, click to enlarge. Really useful stuff, even fits my 15" laptop.

Just call it a shoulder bag or a hand bag. No need for funny names like murse or man bag.
    I don't really understand this stigma in the US, but to my eyes it's just a bag.

#18 KwT, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  19. srslywtf

:lol: I thought this was bout male nurses too!

Not really my style.. It's hard to stuff wallet + keys + phone into tight pants but I'd rather not have to carry something around everywhere. I think it's a perfectly fine look though :slight_smile:

20. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I use a big backpack when going to university. I put my netbook, notebook, phones, wallet, phone/netbook charger, mini speakers and my jacket. Seems to big it can hold a refrigerator inside.

#20 Donnerschlag, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013